abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung R0 / Q3 / Z3 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   samsung yp-r0 pink not booting total black screen regardless (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71701)

bp2k8 02-10-2013 10:56 PM

samsung yp-r0 pink not booting total black screen regardless

the bottom white cover where the usb etc is loose and can be pulled out to expose the inside but does not seem damaged. i had this black screen problem before and eventually it started by holding down the far most left button with power button.. it never got wet and i handled with care... it seemed more like when i removed the usb cable it seemed to pull on it and the glue or whatever seemd to loosen but it still closes if i choose to

i have the newest modded firmware on it but i do not know how to utilize my sd card especially if i cannot start it nor can i get anything on via charging via ac or connecting to pc.

please help i truly appreciate it

Lorenz092 02-12-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp2k8 (Post 631635)
the bottom white cover where the usb etc is loose and can be pulled out to expose the inside but does not seem damaged. i had this black screen problem before and eventually it started by holding down the far most left button with power button.. it never got wet and i handled with care... it seemed more like when i removed the usb cable it seemed to pull on it and the glue or whatever seemd to loosen but it still closes if i choose to

i have the newest modded firmware on it but i do not know how to utilize my sd card especially if i cannot start it nor can i get anything on via charging via ac or connecting to pc.

please help i truly appreciate it

At the moment I have no ideas, I just know a similar case when I looked on a website for a used R0: same problem!

Some clues: *rarely* happens to me that at some point the screen gets black with music on the brackground etc. This happened so far 2 times, max 3...

Could you please add some details? I.e. try to look better at the screen when inserting USB cable, does it become more black or so?

bp2k8 02-12-2013 08:06 PM

no lorenz it literally is just permanently turned off. i cannot turn it on regardless if i plug it in to adapter or my computer. this happened before and one day out of frustration i pressed the sub menu button and held power button and samsug came on and it was fine lol very strange... im assuming its bricked and i have the modded firmware but i dont kno how to get some file that allegedly you put on sd card to unbrick it.

if it is not a brick issue it is just a very mad pokemon because it refuses to listen to me lol

it does not become more black. i think maybe it can be an issue upon when i safely remove it because long story short i safely remove it properly but this lack of turning on does not happen when i just listen to it casually but seems to happen when i add songs more frequently

is there anything i can do>
thanks

Lorenz092 02-13-2013 02:47 AM

Nono, this is an hardware issue, not software issue at all!
It may be some contatcs, unfortunately I cannot say much more: are you a little experienced with soldering iron? In case, try to remake solderings around battery and - carefully - around usb connector. Clean keypad flat cable and maybe also the one of the LCD...

bp2k8 02-20-2013 09:24 PM

do not know how to solder.... does anyone on here can or know how to fix if i send it to them or do you guys think i should send it to samsung lol>? last time i called they didnt even recognize they made mp3 players they only seem to care about galaxy lol