abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune HD (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Song disappeared from Zune HD song list (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71622)

Apurvakoti13 01-26-2013 11:14 PM

Song disappeared from Zune HD song list

This is a little weird. In the Zune software, when I sort all my music in alphabetical order, the first song is "A Little's Enough" by Angels & Airwaves, from the album "We Don't Need to Whisper". The next song is "Adam's Song".

When I go to the Music -> Songs menu on my device, the list starts right from Adam's Song. A Little's Enough is nowhere on the list of my songs. It also does not appear in the songs list on the Angels & Airwaves artist page. The only way to listen to it is to go to the We Don't Need to Whisper album song list. A Little's Enough is very much there, just not in any alphabetically-sorted list on the device. Never syncing with device and re-syncing it doesn't help.

It's completely fine with the software...any ideas?

FreeZ5 01-27-2013 09:34 AM

Did you look for it as "Little's Enough"? Some software ignores "a" and "The".

Steve

Apurvakoti13 01-27-2013 09:35 AM

what the...it's there under L (as "A Little's Enough") how did I not notice this earlier

would naming it to something random and renaming it to A Little's Enough help?

FreeZ5 01-27-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apurvakoti13 (Post 630824)
would naming it to something random and renaming it to A Little's Enough help?

Probably not. As I said..."Some software ignores "a" and "The". But you could obviously try it.

Steve

Apurvakoti13 01-27-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 (Post 630825)
Probably not. As I said..."Some software ignores "a" and "The". But you could obviously try it.

Steve

i asked because it happened all of a sudden, I downloaded the song sometime in March and it got moved to the L section around October but I pretty much ignored it

skip252 01-27-2013 12:57 PM

One way I've dealt with this is to make a single word of the a song, album title or artist. I prefer not to run the letters together so I'll use an underscore to connect the letters. Renaming "A Little's Enough" to "A_Little's Enough" may not be all that's needed. You'll probably need to save it to the tag.

I don't use the Zune software for anything but transfer so I'm not sure if that will work. I shouldn't hurt to try.

Apurvakoti13 01-27-2013 08:13 PM

ok, thanks. will try that :)

JSP62 01-31-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 630829)
One way I've dealt with this is to make a single word of the a song, album title or artist. I prefer not to run the letters together so I'll use an underscore to connect the letters. Renaming "A Little's Enough" to "A_Little's Enough" may not be all that's needed. You'll probably need to save it to the tag.

I don't use the Zune software for anything but transfer so I'm not sure if that will work. I shouldn't hurt to try.

Your method is correct skip. No other way around this.

markmp3guy 02-20-2013 10:42 PM

I suspect a lot of weird stuff is going to happen now that Microsoft has discontinued manufactured the Zune products and shifted everything over to xbox music.