abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Questions about Clip+ that will help me make a decision! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71560)

gingerlex 01-18-2013 11:57 AM

Questions about Clip+ that will help me make a decision!

For several months I have been weighing up buying a Clip+. I have 4 mp3 players and not a single one of them does everything I want it to. (I have a Samsung galaxy player 5.0, creative zen vision m 30gb, ipod nano 8gb and zen stone 1gb).
My main concern is capacity, playlists, and linking to the usb thingy on my kenwood kdc-dab4551u stereo in the car. I know the clip+ can be expanded, and that playlists can be created, and you can change it from MSC and MTP mode.

1. do the playlists work on memory card music as well as device music? can you have a combination of songs off the device vs songs off sd card?
2. will it sync properly with media monkey or is windows media the way to go with the playlists?
3. Does all the above work in MSC mode? (i am presuming that my car stereo can't hack MTP as it does not recognised my Samsung or my Zen Vision)

I think that's all the questions I have for now :) Thank you in advance!

Marvin the Martian 01-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerlex (Post 630278)
For several months I have been weighing up buying a Clip+. I have 4 mp3 players and not a single one of them does everything I want it to. (I have a Samsung galaxy player 5.0, creative zen vision m 30gb, ipod nano 8gb and zen stone 1gb).
My main concern is capacity, playlists, and linking to the usb thingy on my kenwood kdc-dab4551u stereo in the car. I know the clip+ can be expanded, and that playlists can be created, and you can change it from MSC and MTP mode.

1. do the playlists work on memory card music as well as device music? can you have a combination of songs off the device vs songs off sd card?
2. will it sync properly with media monkey or is windows media the way to go with the playlists?
3. Does all the above work in MSC mode? (i am presuming that my car stereo can't hack MTP as it does not recognised my Samsung or my Zen Vision)

I think that's all the questions I have for now :) Thank you in advance!

Is there nowhere in the settings of the Samsung 5.0 to switch to mass storage mode? Mine has an aftermarket ROM, and gives me that option....but I can't remember if it's available in stock form.

gingerlex 01-18-2013 02:22 PM

Cheers for the response :) Ok, on my Samsung Player I have a memory card in there that has all my music on (pointless using the internal memory for how much of my music it can manage).
There is the option of switching it to mass storage, so I take it from what I've read, my car stereo should be happy with that?

My only issue with the player if that is all the case then is playlists. It didn't work when I tried samsung kies - it doubled up all my tracks. Have you found that using a regular media player will sync a playlist properly? (by properly I mean that when i access the playlist section on the player it will have the heading and in the heading everything will be in the order I have placed it).
I prefer to sit on my computer to create them rather than use the player itself...feels like I can access my music better.

FreeZ5 01-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerlex (Post 630278)

1. yes playlists work off the memory card in MSC, but you can't merge songs from both memories in one playlist. Increasingly as memory cards get cheaper, I am thinking that people should ignore the internal memory and just use the memory card. FYI, I use Winamp to create playlists for my Clips, but I do not use the media library feature of Winamp.

2. I don't use sync. I use MSC and drag&drop. But based on forum comments MM works fine. Don't bother with WMP.

3. Based on comments on this forum (and a Samsung Galaxy S3 forum) don't waste your time with car stereo USBs (or home stereo for that matter). Use headphone out to whatever your unit has. If you must use the USB, get a flash drive or a little USB card reader. I saw a pic last year of a tiny microSD reader plugged into a car stereo. The guy sounded very happy with the result but was trying to buy an even smaller reader.

Steve

gingerlex 01-18-2013 02:59 PM

Thanks FreeZ5, you've just confirmed that I'm best off making do with what I've got in some way.
Hubby has a thumb drive in his car (we call it a nubbin!) but I wanted something that I can yank out my stereo and continue to listen to from the walk from the car park to work. What I want is so simple and yet seems so difficult to get!

Plan B is probably get a jack to jack lead and put that in the stereo instead and listen to a current MP3 player through that. Going to experiment a little harder with my Galaxy Player now and see where that leads me.

Thanks again for your help guys

FreeZ5 01-18-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerlex (Post 630293)
Thanks FreeZ5, you've just confirmed that I'm best off making do with what I've got in some way.
Hubby has a thumb drive in his car (we call it a nubbin!) but I wanted something that I can yank out my stereo and continue to listen to from the walk from the car park to work. What I want is so simple and yet seems so difficult to get!

Plan B is probably get a jack to jack lead and put that in the stereo instead and listen to a current MP3 player through that. Going to experiment a little harder with my Galaxy Player now and see where that leads me.

Thanks again for your help guys

I have an older car, so I currently use a cassette adapter with my mp3 players. Your car stereo, hopefully, has some kind of option. I would like my next car to have a headphone type jack on the front face plate. I already have a couple of headphone-to-headphone cables that I got cheap when a store was closing.

I could be listening to a player in the house (headphone to RCA cables on my stereo receiver), listen to the player thru headphones on the way to the car, and then use the same mp3 player in the car.

Steve

Marvin the Martian 01-18-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerlex (Post 630289)
Cheers for the response :) Ok, on my Samsung Player I have a memory card in there that has all my music on (pointless using the internal memory for how much of my music it can manage).
There is the option of switching it to mass storage, so I take it from what I've read, my car stereo should be happy with that?

My only issue with the player if that is all the case then is playlists. It didn't work when I tried samsung kies - it doubled up all my tracks. Have you found that using a regular media player will sync a playlist properly?

That, I couldn't say....because I don't use playlists.:)

rrfpacker 03-10-2013 11:44 PM

I have three Clips and all of them sync with Media Monkey. One cool thing about the Clip+ is that playlists sync to the SD card with MM and merge with the internal memory. I use MTP mode and auto-sync.

Hope that helps.