abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa e200 Rockbox (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Missing 'Music' and 'Playlist' folders (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71258)

maidenpriest 12-04-2012 02:49 PM

Missing 'Music' and 'Playlist' folders
 
Hello All,

I recently decided to purchase an e280 because I prefer a removable battery, having sucessfully Rockboxed a Fuse I am having a problem with my 'Music' and 'Playlist' folders not showing on my Windows 7 64 PC, what has gone wrong ? :(

What I did

1. I tried to 'Restore All' to reset to factory settings and rid myself of the previous users musics/video's/photo's on the e280, it would not let me do this so i deleted via the PC, no problems, everything showed up on the PC and i was able to delete.

2. I updated to the latest Sansa Firmware, again no problems.

3. I installed the latest build of 'Rockbox' through the automated installer, no problems.

4. I copied my 'Music' and 'Playlists' from my Fuze to the Windows desktop and copied them to the now successful Rockboxed e280, no problems everything plays correctly when in Rockbox.

5. When I connect the e280 to the PC to delete files etc or make a new playlist via 'Foobar' the 'Music' and 'Playlists' folders are not showing on the PC or Mediamonkey so I am unable to delete music etc and playaround on the PC :( What has gone wrong :(

All help very much appreciated because I am pulling my hair out over this and there is not much of my hair left now ? :( ;0

Tapeworm 12-04-2012 03:12 PM

The older e200 series players (v1 if I remember correctly) "hid" the Music and other folders. You have to set Windows up to "show hidden files and folders".

maidenpriest 12-04-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapeworm (Post 627876)
The older e200 series players (v1 if I remember correctly) "hid" the Music and other folders. You have to set Windows up to "show hidden files and folders".

Any ideas how I do that ??

skip252 12-04-2012 03:23 PM

Those folder are set as hidden as a default by the sandisk firmware on a E200. If they've been hidden that's because you've booted to the sandisk firmware at some point. If you enable hidden files in Windows Explorer you should be able to see them and their contents.

You can prevent having to unhide hidden files in the future by creating folders named anything else other than Music or Playlists and using them to store your files. I use My Music and My Playlists. If you never boot the sandisk firmware you can use the Music and Playlist folders and they won't hidden. Just remember that if you ever boot the OF they'll be hidden again.

Most people just find it easier to create their own file structure and delete all the junk the OF creates. There's nothing there a Rockboxed player uses anyway.

maidenpriest 12-04-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 627878)
Those folder are set as hidden as a default by the sandisk firmware on a E200. If they've been hidden that's because you've booted to the sandisk firmware at some point. If you enable hidden files in Windows Explorer you should be able to see them and their contents.

You can prevent having to unhide hidden files in the future by creating folders named anything else other than Music or Playlists and using them to store your files. I use My Music and My Playlists. If you never boot the sandisk firmware you can use the Music and Playlist folders and they won't hidden. Just remember that if you ever boot the OF they'll be hidden again.

Most people just find it easier to create their own file structure and delete all the junk the OF creates. There's nothing there a Rockboxed player uses anyway.

OK thanks, when I look at the file structure in Rockbox it is:

<microsd1>
.rockbox
MUSIC (Do I change this to MY MUSIC ?)
PHOTOS
PICTURES
PLAYLISTS (Do I change this to MY PLAYLISTS ?)
RECORD
SYSTEM
tmp
VIDEO
R_MIC_121204-182748.wav (?? No idea what this is)
version.sdk
?VERSION.TXT

OK, what can i delete ??

Thanks
Phil

skip252 12-04-2012 03:58 PM

Everything except the .rockbox folder and <microsd1> can be deleted. Since you've already placed your music files on the player that's where those are. You can delete that folder if you want to start fresh, rename it or create a different folder and move the files there.

It's been so long since I used the default Music and Playlist folders I'm not sure if renaming them would be sufficient to prevent them from being hidden again if you ever boot the OF. Just to be safe I'd just create my own folders and move my files there.

BTW, the .wav file being there means you somehow recorded something. Unless you need it for some reason deleting it won't hurt anything.

maidenpriest 12-04-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 627884)
Everything except the .rockbox folder and <microsd1> can be deleted. Since you've already placed your music files on the player that's where those are. You can delete that folder if you want to start fresh, rename it or create a different folder and move the files there.

It's been so long since I used the default Music and Playlist folders I'm not sure if renaming them would be sufficient to prevent them from being hidden again if you ever boot the OF. Just to be safe I'd just create my own folders and move my files there.

BTW, the .wav file being there means you somehow recorded something. Unless you need it for some reason deleting it won't hurt anything.

Ok great, will try what you said when I get home from work tommorow, thanks again :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.