abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Looking for some Good Around-ear phones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71140)

Awesome Man 990 11-21-2012 03:30 PM

Looking for some Good Around-ear phones

Man, it's been forever since I've posted. Glad to be back!

Now then, I'm looking for a good, durable, quality pair of full-size headphones. I'll be using them mostly with my Samsung p3 on the go, and with my laptop secondarily. The price range I'm looking at is no more than 200$.
Generally speaking, looking for closed style, circumaural fit. Portability would be nice, but I can sacrifice for whatever. I own a pair of Phonak PFE's that I absolutely adore, so that should give you an idea for what sound ranges I'm looking for, and such (sorry, not very versed in audio language). I like clarity with some bass.

I listen to Metal (-core stuff for the most part), Electronic (dubstep, EDM, electro, house, techno, trance, etc.), Rock, Country (mostly old but some new [and don't judge me for my taste please]), and much more.

Awesome Man 990 11-21-2012 03:39 PM

Forgot to add, I rummaged through the reviews here and found these to stand out and be of interest:

KitSound KSDJ
AIAIAI TMA-1
Sony DR-BT22
Ultrasone HFI-780

Out of these, I might pick the TMA-1s, but that's an arbitrary decision.

The DarkSide 11-21-2012 04:24 PM

Check out the low priced (can be had for around $50) but excellent sounding Incase Sonic hp's. I can GUARANTEE you won't be dissatisfied with the sq they provide. I have 2 sets,...well worth it!!!

Awesome Man 990 11-22-2012 10:15 AM

http://goincase.com/products/detail/sonic-ec30040

These?
And they're 120$ here. Did you get them for 50$ like off Ebay or something?

The DarkSide 11-22-2012 12:36 PM

Yes, those are the correct headphones. I got mine from Amazon.com ($70), and another from WooT.com ($50). If you search around (and wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday) sales you'll most likely get them for around the $50 range.

Besides, even @$100 I feel they're worth it. Really, I rarely to never say that about any item. I feel they're that good a hp!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=inca...w=1024&bih=672

Awesome Man 990 11-22-2012 11:46 PM

Wow haha well I was gonna wait around for a second opinion but I might just go out on a limb with this one.

Now to decide what color I want... lol

The DarkSide 11-23-2012 12:00 AM

They're $70 on Amazon right now, and Incase is having a sale as well. Enter the code "GOBBLE35" to get an extra 35% off a purchase from their site.

Well worth the price,...even Syndrome hasn't complained about the Sonic's,...and that's a vote in favor IMO!!!

Awesome Man 990 11-23-2012 12:07 AM

Thank you very much, I'll take 35%! Do you think I should just order them now or wait until Monday?

Syndrome 11-23-2012 12:25 AM

I didn't see this thread. Yes the Incase Sonic headphones are great. They're comfortable if they will fit(I've got a pretty big head and they fit me). They sound good and don't weigh alot. Even for 70$ I think they are pretty good. Though they don't isolate as good as the ATH-M50's($100) but they do sound different. Both sound great IMO.

Awesome Man 990 11-23-2012 12:47 AM

Hmm.. Saw a youtube vid of a kid singing the M50's praises, and the amazon reviews look good too. The Sonics seem to win as far as comfort and portability though, from what I'm reading.
What do you mean by they sound different?

The DarkSide 11-23-2012 08:49 AM

Dude, grab the Sonic's,...bitch if we're wrong later. I'd even buy 'em off you if you dislike them. I'm THAT confident you'll LUV 'EM!!! :D

Awesome Man 990 11-23-2012 09:28 AM

And ordered! Thanks for that code, got it down to 78$! I'll post in this thread my "review" of the product

skamp 11-23-2012 10:08 AM

Note that the Incase Sonics seem to come with an inline mic and a TRRS connector, which is not entirely compatible with regular TRS jacks present on most devices (you'll get insanely high, as in, audible, stereo crosstalk).

Syndrome 11-23-2012 10:19 AM

Also note that it comes with a normal TRS cable without the inline mic as well.

The DarkSide 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skamp (Post 627020)
Note that the Incase Sonics seem to come with an inline mic and a TRRS connector, which is not entirely compatible with regular TRS jacks present on most devices (you'll get insanely high, as in, audible, stereo crosstalk).

Also note that you can get a replacement cable or 2 from V-Moda that has either a single clicker control, or no control at all. And, I'd fwiw, I've never had any issues with crosstalk, etc. I really don't know why you're adding nothing to the conversation,... :rolleyes:

skamp 11-23-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 627022)
I really don't know why you're adding nothing to the conversation,... :rolleyes:

What? I'm warning against a possible issue. To get an idea, make a track in audacity with a sine wave in the left channel and nothing in the right channel, then connect headphones with a TRRS jack into a TRS socket, and play the track you just made. You're gonna hear the sine wave loud and clear in the right ear cup of your headphones. Basically, it kills stereo.

If that's not worthy of a mention, I'm so sorry for interrupting your conversation :rolleyes:

The DarkSide 11-23-2012 01:39 PM

You seem to be the only person I've ever heard complain about this issue with THIS set of headphones. And Syndrome has mentioned that more than 1 cable IS included,...no? Plus, again as mentioned, the cable is interchangeable with the V-Moda branded cable they sell on the V-Moda website (dirt cheap btw).

Change the cable, save the cheerleader, save the world. The issue isn't really an issue,...is it.

skamp 11-23-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 627033)
Syndrome has mentioned that more than 1 cable IS included

Yes, I didn't know that when I posted. Why bite my head off?

The DarkSide 11-23-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skamp (Post 627036)
Yes, I didn't know that when I posted. Why bite my head off?

To liven up the thread,...;) It's all in good fun!!! :D

Awesome Man 990 01-03-2013 05:57 PM

Alright guys! Finally got everything straightened out and they were delivered today! They're extremely comfortable, great fit, but there's one problem.

I DON'T HAVE A CABLE THAT WORKS FOR THIS

The one that it came with has an end that fits into the phones but the other end is an amp plug (By the way if I haven't already revealed it I don't know technical terms for the jacks of headphones). I tried to use my standard audio-to-audio plug that I use for my car stereo and audio only played out of one phone. There is a difference between the phone-plug and the car-plug though: the original plug has 3 black rings on it while the standard has two.

I have no idea what to do, where to get another plug, etc. I don't think I have a defective pair of phones... I pray I don't anyway. Help would be appreciated ASAP so I can actually get to enjoy these things!