abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune HD (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Zune HD duplicating artists (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71072)

Apurvakoti13 11-13-2012 05:23 AM

Zune HD duplicating artists

This is driving me insane. I have 5 songs by Coldplay, one of these songs being from the album Mylo Xyloto. Every single time I sync with the software, the Coldplay artist gets duplicated and Mylo Xyloto is seperated from the real Coldplay and placed with the duplicate. I've had this issue in the past, and I used to fix it by erasing all content and re-syncing it, but then it would just happen to another artist in about a week's time. Also, the affected song, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, will just not delete off the device. I'll press "never sync with ____" a thousand times, and all that happens is the "on device" symbol will flash, and will remain the same.
I've tried going into the registry and making the device visible in Windows Explorer - from there, I just manually deleted everything by Coldplay (this worked for the same issue with Angels & Airwaves' "Call to Arms" about a month ago), but this time, the software will annoyingly refuse to budge.

Someone please help me because I am seriously about to throw my zune at the wall.

JSP62 11-14-2012 08:23 AM

I am trying to understand the problem.

What do you mean by "duplicated"? How do you have your syncing configured? Do you have automatic update of tags? This could be the issue as you set up the tag information, but with the automatic update the Zune software will change whatever you put in.

Apurvakoti13 11-14-2012 09:47 AM

By duplicating, I mean that when I go to the C artists in my device, I'll find two Coldplays, one of them having 3 of the 4 albums by them that I have, and one of them having the remaining one. My sync is set to "Everything" (because Items I choose doesn't solve the problem) and I have turned off automatic tag updating, because that always messes everything up.

jkj1962 11-18-2012 11:00 PM

I have experienced the same thing, and it's always a slight difference in the tags. It could be an extra "space" after the Album Artist name, or some slight hard-to-detect difference. I have used "Mp3Tag" to fix them, or the Zune software itself. Right-click on one of the 3 Coldplay albums you believe to be correct, slelect "Edit", highlight the "Album Artist" name, right-click on it and "Copy". Click "Cancel" to close the Edit dialog. Right-click on the offending album, click "Edit", then paste what you just copied into the "Album Artist" box. Click OK and it should reunite with it's brethren.

If that doesn't do it, compare all of the entries on the albums and you may find the culprit.

Apurvakoti13 11-18-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkj1962 (Post 626694)
I have experienced the same thing, and it's always a slight difference in the tags. It could be an extra "space" after the Album Artist name, or some slight hard-to-detect difference. I have used "Mp3Tag" to fix them, or the Zune software itself. Right-click on one of the 3 Coldplay albums you believe to be correct, slelect "Edit", highlight the "Album Artist" name, right-click on it and "Copy". Click "Cancel" to close the Edit dialog. Right-click on the offending album, click "Edit", then paste what you just copied into the "Album Artist" box. Click OK and it should reunite with it's brethren.

If that doesn't do it, compare all of the entries on the albums and you may find the culprit.

Thanks! I'll try that :)

Machiventa 11-29-2012 09:17 PM

Any luck?

Apurvakoti13 11-30-2012 05:46 AM

I couldn't believe it actually worked! Thank you so much for helping me out with this :) The tags were all the same ("Coldplay") so i renamed each of them to something different like "sldfkjsdlf" and then put them all back to Coldplay. Can't believe this actually worked, thank you again!