abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Denon AH 360 or others? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70914)

itsmenaveen 10-23-2012 03:14 PM

Denon AH 360 or others?

Hi,
I have decided to buy denon AH 360. My previous one is Sennheiser Mx270 & Mx470.
I think it makes out, what type of experience I expect from this denon. Balanced in all departments, and I dont like, bass quantity on heavier side.

Is denon right choice? Or any other suggestions? (in price not much higher then this one)

Help me guys..

The DarkSide 10-23-2012 05:08 PM

You don't need to indent you know,...we nots da grammar police.

IDvsEGO 10-24-2012 07:52 AM

if we were, that would be the least of our concerns on that post. but in all seriousness...I think you are asking if there are any alternatives to the AH 360 that you should consider. I think you also said you like a balanced sound. I don't see a price range though and since a quick amazon search doesnt pullup an AH360 I am not sure I can help right now.

itsmenaveen 10-24-2012 01:43 PM

AH-C360 dude,,,

I missed 'c' there, now help me! Price range is from 20$ - 50$.. Go on..

itsmenaveen 10-24-2012 02:24 PM

A good Ear Phone for E2?

Suggest a better ear phone for E2.

I have decided Denon AH-C360.

Is that a good choice? Or any other suggestions. Price range, 20$ - 40$

Help me !

IDvsEGO 10-24-2012 03:33 PM

20-40 I go for the soundmagic e10. there are a lot of good options though so you may get several suggestions that are all valid. in the end you just have to pick one and pull the trigger.

itsmenaveen 10-25-2012 02:03 AM

Soundmagic E30 is affordable to me, I don like heavy bass as i mentioned earlier. Ur review says E30 is bit more balanced and clarity than E10.

Now my final question is,

E30 has fit issues, which is really a big problem? If that the case i will settle with E10..

Thanx for replying dude!

IDvsEGO 10-25-2012 09:58 AM

I didnt write that review and only have experience with the e10. if your player has any EQ ability you can tweak the sound a little. I wouldnt call the e10 bass heavy but I am an admitted bass lover. at the same time I think the bass int he a161 is fantastic and it isnt considered bass heavy per se.

skip252 10-25-2012 11:59 AM

I have the Denon AH-260 and they are definitely bass heavy. Looking a jokers review on headfi I'm thinking the C360 are a lower level model with the same characteristics. He says the bass on the C360 approaches basshead level. If that's true the E10 are more what you're looking for.

I like the AH 260 for what they are. They're a bit better built but than the E10 but very little. They are also very shallow insertion so they tend to work loose if I eat or yawn. The bass on them got to be a bit overwhelming for my taste so when dfkt said the E10 had a nice balance I gave those a shot.

The E10 sound is generally balanced but tipped slightly towards the bass. A bit of tweaking in the mids gets them just where I like my sound. If I care to draw out more bass by dropping the upper frequencies I can do that easily and still have plenty of headroom left to raise the overall gain. I have no fit problems using my usual over the ears insertion. Zero microphonics and they stay put.

IDvsEGO 10-25-2012 12:39 PM

thats funny, I didnt even check on the denons, I just assumed there was some homework done on them. From what skip said the e10 is better for you from the options mentioned so far.

skip252 10-25-2012 01:04 PM

Did a little checking here on the site and kredig did a review on the AH-C360 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64349. Says he was surprised at the level of bass.

Seems he was used to the Senn CX300. If they have more bass than those they really are at the basshead level.

itsmenaveen 10-25-2012 02:17 PM

Thanx for the reply both of you..

But my question is still unanswered, Can i Pick E30 over E10..

Y I'm considering E30 is because of less bass(comparing with e10) & bit more balanced in all frequencies..

Can I guys?

skip252 10-25-2012 02:44 PM

I don't have the E30 so I can't answer that. I figured if there any significant differences they would have emphasized those instead of minimizing them. The site review says there's a little less bass but the sound sig was essentially the same.
Quote:

Sound-wise, the E30 aren’t all that different from their slightly cheaper E10 siblings. The E30 do have a little less bass quantity, a little more treble, both resulting in a bit better perceived clarity and a bit ‘leaner’ overall sound. They also have a bit narrower stereo imaging – but that’s about it, basically. If you want a bit more ‘neutral/linear’ or ‘polite’ phones, go for the E30. If you want more ‘exciting’ or ‘lush’ phones, get the E10. The differences are very small, however – there’s certainly no ‘night and day’ difference found between these two Soundmagic IEMs at all.
That's what I went with. I didn't see enough to make the sound a deciding factor so I bought with the ones with the deeper fit.

musichound 10-25-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 624894)
Did a little checking here on the site and kredig did a review on the AH-C360 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64349. Says he was surprised at the level of bass.

Seems he was used to the Senn CX300. If they have more bass than those they really are at the basshead level.

I have both the Denon AH-C360 and the Senn CX300, and let me tell you, the Denons make the CX300 sound like a squawk box. They are that bass heavy, in the line of the V-Moda bass frequencies, but only much more refined bass.

IDvsEGO 10-25-2012 04:12 PM

yeah, the review I referrenced and that skip quoted says it all, there is no need for us to rehash it. its a decision you have to make. the e10 is more comfortable and versatile fit wise but you may have to eq it. the e30 might sound the way you wanted it out of the box but has a less than ideal fit. I know what I would do...actually what I did do...but its your decision to make my friend.