abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sony Walkman (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   New Sony F series (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70567)

globiboulga 09-14-2012 06:57 PM

New Sony F series
 
I have the F806 on pre-order - should be shipped in a couple of days. I will endaevour to write a lenghtly review of the walkman when I receive it, intending to thoroughly test FLAC support and gapless claims. Coming from a Cowon background J3 (great little player) and D3 (well, underwhelming at best...); I am looking forward to try a new sound signature!

DiverseStyle 09-16-2012 12:03 AM

I'm looking forward to this, as I have been debating between this and the upcoming 5th generation iPod touch. Both are the same price for the 32GB unit, so it really comes to which is a more functional device.

globiboulga 09-17-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverseStyle (Post 621446)
I'm looking forward to this, as I have been debating between this and the upcoming 5th generation iPod touch. Both are the same price for the 32GB unit, so it really comes to which is a more functional device.


Happy to have a quick look at multimedia functions, but I suspect these two players are radically different in term of scenario of use: Sony for music (much smaller screen, which would make movies and some applications difficult to use) and iPod Touch as a more generalist multimedia device...

The sony Z series seems more like a Touch competitor to be honest...

WalkGood 09-17-2012 07:38 AM

There's a short review on the F806 here. Again following in apples foot steps no expansion, this is unacceptable in today's market IMO.

The DarkSide 09-17-2012 09:06 AM

I have a 64gb Sony A Series, and I think the capacity is just right. I wish Sony would release 64gb capacity players here in North America,...we get treated like shit imo.

WalkGood 09-17-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 621516)
I have a 64gb Sony A Series, and I think the capacity is just right. I wish Sony would release 64gb capacity players here in North America,...we get treated like shit imo.

If they included an expansion slot, they wouldn't need to release it here and it's probably because the sales price is so high that their sales would be limited in the US.

Marvin the Martian 09-17-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 621517)
If they included an expansion slot, they wouldn't need to release it here and it's probably because the sales price is so high that their sales would be limited in the US.

If that is indeed their reasoning, then it is flawed.....because Apple sells a lot of 64GB Touches, and nobody would call them "affordable".;)

WalkGood 09-17-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 621519)
If that is indeed their reasoning, then it is flawed.....because Apple sells a lot of 64GB Touches, and nobody would call them "affordable".;)

As you know we donít know for sure any of their madness, so Iím only guessing. I assume that apple has more fans here that would pay do pay ridiculous prices for their products as I assume the same holds true for sony (withing certain product lines) and the countries where they do release their 64GB. Regardless we are all entitled to our own opinions and I for one would not buy devices that have no expansion unless the deal is too good to be true. Which I doubt will be the case on this player.

The DarkSide 09-17-2012 10:31 AM

I know so many people that would kill for a 64gb Walkman. The ipods they own would be sold in a heartbeat,... Sony's logic is flawed & biased.

WalkGood 09-17-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 621522)
I know so many people that would kill for a 64gb Walkman. The ipods they own would be sold in a heartbeat ...

"So many" as you say might not be enough ... how do we know "what's enough" without data?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 621522)
Sony's logic is flawed & biased.

How do we know what their logic is without real data or even know what their logic is other than not to sell them here or for what reason/s. Again without real facts it's hard impossible to say a logic is flawed. Although I think it would be safe to say their reasoning isn't a bias as you say (they may not like Americans but I'm sure they'll take your monies all day long ;)).

DiverseStyle 09-20-2012 10:44 PM

It appears only Japan gets the goods. Go figure. I wonder if Walkmans are staple there.

The DarkSide 09-21-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiverseStyle (Post 621885)
It appears only Japan gets the goods. Go figure. I wonder if Walkmans are staple there.

Sony = Japan. I would think they favor the homeland. If they had the option to change the language in their Japan destination players I'd have no problem with it.

JK98 09-25-2012 05:32 PM

B&H has the 32GB F806 listed for preorder, however it is $300!

This made me laugh-"The F Series Walkman behaves more like a tablet than an MP3 player". At $300, I should hope so. No card slot though. Why buy this instead of a Samsung Galaxy Player?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...s_Walkman.html

Marvin the Martian 09-25-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK98 (Post 622173)
B&H has the 32GB F806 listed for preorder, however it is $300!

This made me laugh-"The F Series Walkman behaves more like a tablet than an MP3 player". At $300, I should hope so. No card slot though. Why buy this instead of a Samsung Galaxy Player?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...s_Walkman.html

It probably sounds better. The Sony A867 I had sounds much better than the SGP 5.0.

cn11 09-27-2012 08:49 AM

Yep, that's admittedly about the only reason left to buy a Sony DAP.... sound quality. That's the reason I went for the F-series.

Poweramp's tweakability is very nice on the player too though. Very nice to have some flexibility through Android apps, and Poweramp player.

TheFaze 09-27-2012 02:53 PM

Japanese player
 
Is anybody up for the Japanese version? 64GB, NC, great color for the limited edition...

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Audio/W...del/index.html

I think I have found my next walkman (currently have a 32GB X).

smoledman 09-29-2012 03:11 AM

Yet another high capacity player with no microSD slot, FAIL!

Jeven 09-29-2012 09:56 AM

I have a micro sd slot in my clip+ but it's the last player I'll buy that has one.

I see no point in splitting up my music collection and microsd is so 2009.

epithetless 09-29-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeven (Post 622467)
...microsd is so 2009.

...and 2010, and 2011, and 2012... :D

Marvin the Martian 09-29-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeven (Post 622467)
I have a micro sd slot in my clip+ but it's the last player I'll buy that has one.

I see no point in splitting up my music collection and microsd is so 2009.

So your phone hold your entire music collection then? :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.