abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   SanDisk Sansa (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hardware difference between Fuze v2 and Clip + (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69920)

belushka 07-07-2012 05:55 PM

Hardware difference between Fuze v2 and Clip +

I know there's difference between internal hardware on fuze v1 and v2. Is the hardware on v2 the same as on the Clip? I mean is the sound quality the same? Because I know there's difference in sound between fuze v1 and v2.

Marvin the Martian 07-07-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belushka (Post 615844)
I know there's difference between internal hardware on fuze v1 and v2. Is the hardware on v2 the same as on the Clip? I mean is the sound quality the same? Because I know there's difference in sound between fuze v1 and v2.

Fuze V1 and V2 and Clip and Clip+ all sounded the same to me....and I had multiple examples of them all.

skip252 07-08-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Care to share how you "know" there's a difference in SQ between a V1 and V2 Fuze?

Like Marv I've had several of each. I've never heard any differences in casual listening. I've also recorded the signals and attempted to ABX a difference with a uniform lack of success. I've also seen RMAA results that show they all put out the same signal to a degree that human hearing can't distinguish a difference.

If there's another credible set of objective test that show a audible difference, please link them. I'm always interested in learning more.

If it's someones subjective "I hear this difference" without any objective test results I wouldn't bother. I've read a ton of those, sometimes from highly regarded reviewers, that later proved to be unfounded. As long as they knew which was being played, they heard a difference. My experience is that sighted evaluation of sound quality is meaningless to anyone except that person.

Enigmatic 07-08-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

I know there's difference between internal hardware on fuze v1 and v2. Is the hardware on v2 the same as on the Clip?

The version-1 Fuze’s system on a chip is similar to the version-2 Fuze’s system on a chip. The version-2 Fuze’s system on a chip is the same as the Clip+’s system on a chip. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Models.
Quote:

I mean is the sound quality the same? Because I know there's difference in sound between fuze v1 and v2.
I have a Clip+, version-1 Fuze, and version-2 Fuzes. They all sound about the same.

aboylikedave 08-19-2012 03:42 AM

I have a Clip (round front) and then a Clip+ and definitely noticed a difference. Earlier one was more 'spacious sounding' and felt less dense. Though I must be imagining it. But later I bought another refurbished Clip (v1/2?) and it definitely had the sound of the original one, so I would go along with the theory that there is a difference in sound.

Are they really exactly the same?

skip252 08-19-2012 06:33 AM

Since you're willing to ignore what's been posted previously in this thread why bother asking? Go with what your ears tell you.

aboylikedave 08-20-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 619221)
Since you're willing to ignore what's been posted previously in this thread why bother asking? Go with what your ears tell you.

How do you know he ignored it - he's only posted one message - the first one - on this thread?;)

skip252 08-20-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboylikedave (Post 619234)
How do you know he ignored it - he's only posted one message - the first one - on this thread?;)

I was addressing you. Your message is directly above mine so I didn't feel the need to quote it.

aboylikedave 08-20-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 619235)
I was addressing you. Your message is directly above mine so I didn't feel the need to quote it.

Ah I see, it was that you said 'why bother asking' but I didn't ask anything so I didn't know you meant me.

It's odd. All I can say is I repeatedly spotted the difference in blind testing. But even that is not proof.

Sorry to ask again, but are the insides exactly the same?

saratoga 08-20-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboylikedave (Post 619280)
It's odd. All I can say is I repeatedly spotted the difference in blind testing.

Mismatched volume levels probably.

Quote:

Yes, see the posts above yours in this thread.

Tapeworm 08-20-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboylikedave (Post 619219)
Are they really exactly the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboylikedave (Post 619234)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip252 (Post 619235)

Quote:

Ah I see, it was that you said 'why bother asking' but I didn't ask anything so I didn't know you meant me.

So, "Are they really exactly the same?" isn't a question then? Sure looks like it to me. If not, then I guess we can also ignore your latest non-question:

Quote:

:confused:

aboylikedave 08-20-2012 04:25 PM

Whoops apols.