abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hippo Vb arrived without bass plates/ports and i need it ): (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69896)

tiburonsin 07-05-2012 02:48 PM

Hippo Vb arrived without bass plates/ports and i need it ):

Hi im from Lima-Peru (South america) Machu picchu and that stuff LOL

Im new in this world of audiophiles

I started whit a seinheisser 280HD -too much fidelity but lack of punchy bass- so i buy my new Hippo VB (a lot of bass) from Unclewilsons cause Jaben dosnt ship my country (i dont know why) the main reason to choose Hippo Vb was the review maded by abi (the top editors choice) oh! and i also buy my sansa clip+ :B

the problems comes when i open my recently shipped hippos vb. In this country is very expensive buy something that cost like 100 bucks ( 100 bucks is like the half of the minimun salary...really) and i was very excited about to enjoy the Hippo Vb power! cause they cost me a lot !. OH and i maked a mistake choosing Fedex because they charged me aditional 38 bucks just for a packet of 0.2 kg) Yes that was my mistake because im really new in internet shopping.

well... i open the box and there was the clamshell pack opened whit only 2 packs of silicon tips and no plates/ports changeables :(

i mail unclewilsons (in the last mails they was very gentle and amiable)

and they just answer me:

"We are sorry to hear that those bass tuning plates are missing! Did the outer packaging look like it was opened before? It could also be the manufacturer's mistake.
We are not sure if we can obtain the plates by themselves, but we will let you know what we can do."

so i see very complicated this situation -im losing hopes- ):

so i invoke the ppl in this community who have the same audiophile heart and a Hippo Vb but broken or something like that but with the plates still ok. In that case i can buy your pair of plates for my hippos.

thanks for reading this post and sorry for my terrible english :o

WalkGood 07-05-2012 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear of your issue and I would stay at Uncle Wilson as he should make it right. Was the outer package opened, could the carrier taken some of the parts? If not, email Uncle Wilson back and tell them, this way they'll replace the VBs with a new set if they can't just provide you the plates.

IDvsEGO 07-05-2012 10:46 PM

they are slow but they will do the right thing.

tiburonsin 07-07-2012 01:31 AM

hi

hi guys thanks for the answers.

well,the hippo black box looked opened (no tape or glue) and the clamshell pack was definitely opened without plates. the fedex package was totally sealed im totally sure about this.

Hippos sound good whit only 1 dot plate but im still wondering how this will sound whit the other plates. ):

WalkGood 07-07-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiburonsin (Post 615794)
hi guys thanks for the answers.

well,the hippo black box looked opened (no tape or glue) and the clamshell pack was definitely opened without plates. the fedex package was totally sealed im totally sure about this.

Hippos sound good whit only 1 dot plate but im still wondering how this will sound whit the other plates. ):

Contact them again and make sure you tell them the FedEx package was totally sealed, while it may take them a while, Uncle Wilson has always made things right for me. I hope they just send you a new pair, that's what they should do IMHO.

BTW tiburonsin, welcome to abi :)

tiburonsin 08-18-2012 08:35 PM

finally

Just an update

UW send me the replacements. I got my plates this morning. Im so happy :)

Aardvark 01-13-2013 06:42 PM

I just read this so sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. But Uncle Wilson always has been great with my family and we have had a few sets of phones from Jaben. I still have my VB and they still work well after two years.

Machiventa 02-27-2013 04:54 PM

It's great that Uncle Wilson was good to you guys. I'm still disgruntled from my Hippo VB's breaking and them saying "sorry there's nothing we can do".

I wish I could take a trip to Peru!!!