abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphone User Reviews (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sony MDR-XD100 Review (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69546)

JSBach 06-03-2012 12:37 PM

Sony MDR-XD100 Review

I forgot on my headphones history, in december i bought a pair of sonys XD100's headphones.

They're termed "Hi-fi, for movie and game headphones", so I bought them for 20 bucks misleaded by the term Hifi and being on ear headphones with confy cushions.

Build qulaity: ughhhh!!!! all is plastic, there is no even a cushion on the headband, they semm they will break if accidentally dropped on a short distance.

The absence of padding on the headband makes my head hurt after a hour of wearing them.

Cable tangled like crazy and has tangle-memory :mad: now look like two ribbons all twisted on the era cups part. basically the Y part of the cord.

Sound quality: They have decent mids and highs but WHAT?????? NO BASS!!!! not even a presence bass, nothing.... Even my XBA-1 have more bass than those things.

So the sound quality is not good if n bass is present, they sound tinny and annoying, is like eharing classics on an outdated LP disc.

Sound isolation: Nada, nothing, nicht, keine... external sounds are AMPLIFIED instead, i have a neighbor with 5 chihuahua dogs and the barking gets extremely annoying on those that music drowns in an instant.

I can hear people talking withouth removing them LOL

aNd in general the cable is too LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

i have steped on it, crushed it, rolled over with my office chair and literraly the cable has suffered a lot of crushy rude treatment.

They need lots of power i think ot make they sound their best, maybe a fiio amp on the ipod, no matter if iset the ipod to damn 100% NO BASS

So i thinking about of stomping them to death :D

JK98 06-03-2012 06:12 PM

Sorry to hear you bought this. Sony makes some very good headphones, and some very horrible ones. The trick is to avoid the horrible ones. I bought Sony earbuds with earhooks(I forgot the model number), and it sounded so horrible I threw it in the trash a few minutes after buying it. I bought it on clearance at a low price, so I couldn't return it. Anything more than 1 cent was too much to pay for that. I guess I should have torn it apart before throwing it in the trash, so no one would ever again attempt to use it.

Mikerman 06-04-2012 08:04 PM

I have a pair of great Sony phones, from many years ago. The only issue is, the lack of Sony support: the phones use pads that only Sony makes, and they last a finite amount of time time (I found this out when my ears were itching, when I was wearing the phones; I scratched them, only to find that my hand was covered with a black ooze that the petroleum-based pads had disintegrated into over time--ick!!); and Sony then phased the phones and the pads out (even though it had been charging a pretty penny for the pads earlier, makings scads of profit off of them).

When I called Sony about this, I got no sympathy and was told, in essence, that time passes. I then asked what I could do, and the "ever-so-helpful" company rep. told me, "Buy new phones" (even though mine were in fine shape). :(

I got even with Sony, though: I researched matters and discovered through experimentation that I could use Plantronics receptionist earphone pads on the Sony phones, and at a much lower price than what Sony had been charging. Score one for the little guy! :)

JSBach 06-07-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikerman (Post 613014)
I have a pair of great Sony phones, from many years ago. The only issue is, the lack of Sony support: the phones use pads that only Sony makes, and they last a finite amount of time time (I found this out when my ears were itching, when I was wearing the phones; I scratched them, only to find that my hand was covered with a black ooze that the petroleum-based pads had disintegrated into over time--ick!!); and Sony then phased the phones and the pads out (even though it had been charging a pretty penny for the pads earlier, makings scads of profit off of them).

When I called Sony about this, I got no sympathy and was told, in essence, that time passes. I then asked what I could do, and the "ever-so-helpful" company rep. told me, "Buy new phones" (even though mine were in fine shape). :(

I got even with Sony, though: I researched matters and discovered through experimentation that I could use Plantronics receptionist earphone pads on the Sony phones, and at a much lower price than what Sony had been charging. Score one for the little guy! :)

Stores should let you listen to them, they were in the typical fight-to-open-plastic-package