abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cowon S9 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Shuffle/random play ALL recorded tracks - HOW? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68367)

Tassie Devil 03-04-2012 06:28 PM

Shuffle/random play ALL recorded tracks - HOW?

I've had the S9 for a couple of years now and it is the MOST frustrating toy I've ever owned BUT gives the most superb audio quality from a portable.

It is most user unfriendly and must really hate me.:mad: I've read replies on here to this topic but am really no wiser and cannot get it to random play between any recorded albums as I can on a Sony MP3 player.

References have been made in other posts to see page 21 of the manual but that deals with video on the manual copy I have.

Referring to the Manual page 18 "Basic Use - Music Mode", I'm unsure whether the setting in "8" should be the arrow circle rather than the ->| and if the the cross arrow or the = in "9" but obviously is ALL in "10". I've tried various combinations of 8 & 9 but to no avail.

I have tried starting from an album but it just plays tracks from it, never moving to another folder. From other posts it appears I should start from [Artists] for example, but drilling down to play a track from that artist just gives me the same result - more tracks from within that folder.

Am I missing something obvious

John (feeling dumb & frustrated)

Marvin the Martian 03-04-2012 08:42 PM

I know how you feel....I had the Cowon i9, and the menus did not seem intuitive at all to me. If I hadn't used it in a couple of weeks, I would have to reference the manual if I wanted to shuffle all, or disable that function.

Sorry I don't have the answer for you, but I thought I'd let you know you're not the only one that has gotten frustrated with the Cowon user interface.:)

!"$%^&*( 03-05-2012 02:29 AM

So you want every track on your S9 to be shuffled? In that case select songs and choose a song from there making sure the 'All' setting is enabled.

If you want to shuffle all the songs from a specific artist, select the artist and then all tracks making sure 'All' setting is selected.

If you want to shuffle songs from more than one artist/album but not all of them, I can't help :( Only way I can see around it is to make a playlist and shuffle that playlist.

You can download UCI's and apps that can make playlists on the go if you like, I'll link you to them if you want (in a rush at the moment so won't do it now).

Tassie Devil 03-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !"$%^&*( (Post 601695)
So you want every track on your S9 to be shuffled? In that case select songs and choose a song from there making sure the 'All' setting is enabled.

If you want to shuffle all the songs from a specific artist, select the artist and then all tracks making sure 'All' setting is selected.

If you want to shuffle songs from more than one artist/album but not all of them, I can't help :( Only way I can see around it is to make a playlist and shuffle that playlist.

You can download UCI's and apps that can make playlists on the go if you like, I'll link you to them if you want (in a rush at the moment so won't do it now).

Thanks - I now see the error of my ways. I was interpreting "song" literally. Selecting that option appears to be the one to select tracks at random & seems to work.

Typical of the mysteries of Cowan:mad:

Thanks again

John