abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   SanDisk Sansa (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Next Fuze, any information ? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67831)

Zip 01-29-2012 05:37 PM

Next Fuze, any information ?

My Fuze is dying and I don't want the Fuze+. I can't use the radio any more but music is still playing.
Right now, I'm hesitating to buy the Clip Zip (I don't care about the videos) but I wonder if somebody has information about the next "Fuze".

lebellium 01-29-2012 05:40 PM

If someone had some info you would probably know it reading ABI, don't you think? ;)

FreeZ5 01-29-2012 06:04 PM

All I've got for you is "check back here in September".

Steve

Zip 01-31-2012 05:14 PM

Right. Well, I didn't look for information, perhaps somebody has an idea of what we can expect...

At least, it looks like I have to keep my old Fuze until the end of the year.

saratoga 01-31-2012 05:16 PM

Probably something vaguely similar to the Fuze+ that will launch in late August.

Lagoo56 01-31-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga (Post 596811)
Probably something vaguely similar to the Fuze+ that will launch in late August.

Hopefully this does NOT happen. Fling that Fuze+ design in the trash and burn it. It would be better to keep the original Fuze scrollwheel and just make the screen bigger,around 2.4-2.5 inches with a bigger battery.

Zip 02-02-2012 02:10 PM

I agree, I don't ask more than the good old fuze. Just an updated model of this one would be wonderful.

Davis137 06-02-2012 12:08 PM

I wonder if the next Fuze or completely different series of Audio/Video player from Sandisk will be completely touchscreen...Seems to be what everyone else is gradually doing, with the exception of audio-only players.

humersimpson 09-28-2012 07:25 AM

Almost the end of September, no news. I guess Sandisk is "easing" their way out of the MP3 business because the Fuze, at least, is well past time for an update. With smartphone music players, Sandisk probably feels that MP3 players as standalones are a dead end (I disagree, I like having a separate MP3 Player setup to play music in my car, but then I have an older car that does not have a stereo that can read music from a USB storage device).

skip252 09-28-2012 12:24 PM

I wouldn't want to try to predict what sandisk will do but things seemed to have changed for music players in the Fuze+ size range. Just about everybody I know would be looking for a way to dial a device at the size of a Fuze+. Once they found they couldn't dial it they would be looking for a way to turn on wifi and access the 'net.

It's not that the Fuze+ is a heavyweight. It's just that in that size range and for not much more you can get a phone that does a lot more. Unless sandisk can find a way to make a player with some of those capabilities like the Samsung Galaxy players have I think they would have a tough time selling enough to make a go of it.