abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cowon D2/D2+ (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   flac wont play (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67055)

desperate 12-15-2011 12:24 AM

flac wont play
 
i recently downloaded and configured EAC 1.0beta 3[foll tutorial in hydrogen audio]and ripped an audio cd to flac but the flac files wont play in the d2+,this happens only with the flac files which i have ripped, as am able to play the ones ripped by other users[downloaded]..............

El C 12-17-2011 11:30 AM

I ripped a track to FLAC with EAC (same version) and it played fine without any problems. Do you get any error messages on the player?

You can also try ripping it to another format like mp3. Personally I don't use FLAC on my portable players due to the space it takes.

dfkt 12-17-2011 11:35 AM

Make sure the FLACs are 16 bit / 44.1 kHz, and only contain FLAC tags, not ID3 tags.

Use Media Info to find out the specs of your files, and post them here - maybe we can find out what's wrong.

desperate 12-19-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt (Post 589397)
Make sure the FLACs are 16 bit / 44.1 kHz, and only contain FLAC tags, not ID3 tags.

Use Media Info to find out the specs of your files, and post them here - maybe we can find out what's wrong.

i used media info as advised it shows as 16 bit and 44.1khz..........am not sure about flac tags and id3tags pls explain...........these same rips play quite well in the clip plus......................i am able to get them to play in D2+ only after converting them from flac[EAC] to flac using foobar

desperate 12-19-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El C (Post 589396)
I ripped a track to FLAC with EAC (same version) and it played fine without any problems. Do you get any error messages on the player?

You can also try ripping it to another format like mp3. Personally I don't use FLAC on my portable players due to the space it takes.

what tutorial did u follow for the EAC settings.......i feel flac sounds a lot better than mp3 so ill stick to flac...............

desperate 12-20-2011 06:16 AM

alright i figured out the FLAC tags and ID3 tags unchecked all the id3tag related in the compression options id3 tag tab now it plays fine................thank you dfkt........i have also asked another question regarding the equaliser bandwidth cud u pls explain that.....

El C 12-20-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperate (Post 589690)
what tutorial did u follow for the EAC settings.......i feel flac sounds a lot better than mp3 so ill stick to flac...............

I used the hydrogenaudio one as well, but it's all over the place and a little difficult to follow. dfkt made a nice sticky for EAC tutorials here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52398

Many people can't tell between a well encoded MP3 file and FLAC, but it's your choice on what you want to use.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.