abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sony Walkman (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Opinions on an NWZ-A865 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66527)

TheBanditKing 11-14-2011 07:25 PM

Opinions on an NWZ-A865

Hey,

OK so a few months back I was toying around with the idea of upgrading from the Sony A818 that I bought a long while back with the J3 as the front runner. I ended up not buying one and decided to wait it out a bit longer (being in the US usually mean getting next to nothing from Sony, walkman wise) So now that the A865 is available here I wanted to know what people think about it. Will it perform better then my A818 in SQ? How does this compare to the X series? I am eager to upgrade as my 7GB A818 is reaching its max and the audio jack is finicky. Also I know the NW-Z is incoming but with Sony USA being the way they are it could be 2013 before that hits US shores. What do you guys think?

DjPhaze 12-14-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBanditKing (Post 584231)
Hey,

OK so a few months back I was toying around with the idea of upgrading from the Sony A818 that I bought a long while back with the J3 as the front runner. I ended up not buying one and decided to wait it out a bit longer (being in the US usually mean getting next to nothing from Sony, walkman wise) So now that the A865 is available here I wanted to know what people think about it. Will it perform better then my A818 in SQ? How does this compare to the X series? I am eager to upgrade as my 7GB A818 is reaching its max and the audio jack is finicky. Also I know the NW-Z is incoming but with Sony USA being the way they are it could be 2013 before that hits US shores. What do you guys think?

My opinion is its damn sexy. i wish there was more on this player. i really want to get one!

ishel 03-24-2012 07:47 PM

I have just taken delivery of an A865 and so far loving it. Mind you, it's my first ever MP3 player, so apart from my wife's iPod which I got her before I knew better (ridiculous warranty registration issue so I was made an instant enemy of the Evil Empire of Jobs) I have no previous experience of MP3 players.

I love the touch screen especially - going into scroll mode to browse albums (which seems to only be accessible when you go in from already playing an album; when you go straight in to browse albums it presents in tiled mode, but it may be just a setting I need to change) is a delight. Most of the controls are on the screen, with just the main On/off/Home button on the front, and volume and a couple of others along the side.

The A865 isn't available in Australia yet so I had to buy it online from Hong Kong. That all seemed to go fine, though the online source appeared to be Australian and only when I received it mailed from Hong Kong did I realize where it was coming from. Still, there appears to be no issue there - unless I ever have a warranty claim, I suppose.

I'll post more experiences as I learn more about this player!

TheBanditKing 07-11-2012 09:51 AM

Hey does anyone know if you can load NA firmware onto a JP unit? I really want to buy one of these but I would want the 32 or 64GB. Thanks in advance

skip252 07-11-2012 10:23 AM

Sony firmwares are region and hardware specific. There hasn't been a successful attempt to get one to load onto a device other than the one it was made for I've ever seen.

TheBanditKing 07-15-2012 06:24 AM

Thanks for letting me know, ugh that really sucks. A 32GB white one would be awesome. I really just wish Sony NA would stop being so selective with what they bring over, and their Android bases PMP has not been getting favorable reviews.