abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung R0 / Q3 / Z3 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   R0 USB device not recognised..please help (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66368)

daveskey69 11-04-2011 02:59 AM

R0 USB device not recognised..please help
 
All of a sudden, my samsung yp-ro device is not recognised, and so I cannot transfer any files onto it. It still charges, and other devices are recognised with the same cable, so I don't know what to do.
I can't seem to find any drivers online anywhere.
Any thoughts?..please help.
DAVE

Lorenz092 11-08-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveskey69 (Post 582859)
All of a sudden, my samsung yp-ro device is not recognised, and so I cannot transfer any files onto it. It still charges, and other devices are recognised with the same cable, so I don't know what to do.
I can't seem to find any drivers online anywhere.
Any thoughts?..please help.
DAVE

I hope you already tried to change in System options from MTP to MSC....
Otherwise it could be an hardware (usb port) problem (ie some contacts are broken, for instance pins 2 and 3, that are used for data transimission).
Indeed if device still charges, at least + and - of usb cable are working.
BTW which firmware do you have? if you have my modded one (v2.20) try to startup R0 in safe mode (modded firmware ONLY!) and tell me (hold back key at startup).

robinyount67 11-08-2011 02:01 PM

Lorenz092,

I have your modded firmware and I have found that the computers I use (all Dell brand computers) weren't recognizing it as well.

I figured out the problem at least for me. I had modded firmware in the "power-save" or "slowed down" setting to save battery life. I restarted the RO, took it out of that and back to normal battery use, connected it back to the computer, and it worked like normal.

Just thought you'd find that interesting. Thanks for all your work on the new firmware and the Rbox. I really appreciate it!

Lorenz092 11-09-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinyount67 (Post 583394)
Lorenz092,

I have your modded firmware and I have found that the computers I use (all Dell brand computers) weren't recognizing it as well.

I figured out the problem at least for me. I had modded firmware in the "power-save" or "slowed down" setting to save battery life. I restarted the RO, took it out of that and back to normal battery use, connected it back to the computer, and it worked like normal.

Just thought you'd find that interesting. Thanks for all your work on the new firmware and the Rbox. I really appreciate it!

Oh! That's both interesting and strange...uhm...lowering cpu clock to 200 mhz helped? Well it must be another joke of this player (you won't immagine how much of them there are hihi)

Anyway thanks :D

robinyount67 11-09-2011 08:03 PM

No, it wasn't lowering the cpu that helped. It was recognized once I took it out of the "lowered state" that I had had it on while I was listening to it. If it was shut off while in the lower cpu and then plugged in to the computer it wouldn't be recognized. So I turned it back on, took it out of the lower cpu (putting it back to the "normal cpu" of your firmware), and turned it off. Then I plugged it in again in my computer and it was recognized immediately.

Seems that the computer (or at least mine which have been Dells) don't like it when it's in that lowered cpu mode and refuse to recognize the RO.

Hope that makes sense now.

Lorenz092 11-10-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinyount67 (Post 583545)
No, it wasn't lowering the cpu that helped. It was recognized once I took it out of the "lowered state" that I had had it on while I was listening to it. If it was shut off while in the lower cpu and then plugged in to the computer it wouldn't be recognized. So I turned it back on, took it out of the lower cpu (putting it back to the "normal cpu" of your firmware), and turned it off. Then I plugged it in again in my computer and it was recognized immediately.

Seems that the computer (or at least mine which have been Dells) don't like it when it's in that lowered cpu mode and refuse to recognize the RO.

Hope that makes sense now.

ah!! Okay, sorry for misunderstanding :)
Uhm atm I really wonder why hehe....

fapio 02-20-2012 07:22 AM

I have the same problem :( ! But i never updated the firmware, so i still have the 1.03 version, could this be the reason that neither my PC or my Laptop recognize the YP-R0 Player as an USB device? How can i put the newest firmware on it?

lebellium 02-20-2012 07:55 AM

Nope, it should be recognized by the computer with any firmware.
That said, fw 1.03 is very very old...

Go to settings>system>PC connection and select MSC.
Then try to connect it to the computer again.

fapio 02-20-2012 08:10 AM

No, it neither connect in MSC or MTP mode. The pins are ok. I also tried it on other pcs, so the problem have to be the player and not any PC or laptop... :(

lebellium 02-20-2012 08:41 AM

Hum doesn't sound good.
Do you hear the usual sound when connecting a USB device? Is it recognized in the device manager?

fapio 02-20-2012 09:23 AM

No, no usual connecting sound and nothing in the device manager. But i did nothin different than any other time with my player. I was really content the last 3 years with this player... :(

lebellium 02-20-2012 09:29 AM

So either there is an issue with the USB cable or with the player itself indeed and in this case of hardware issue I can't help you sorry...

fapio 02-20-2012 09:37 AM

The USB cable is easy to get in a store, right?

lebellium 02-20-2012 09:38 AM

Yep, it's a standard micro-USB cable, you can find it anywhere.

Lorenz092 02-20-2012 01:41 PM

Try to put it on a wall heater or such. Perhaps some soldering of the usb port are a little broken. Heat will make them expand...
Since in the R0 this is one of the most problematic thing as I heard around!

abifan 11-22-2013 03:52 AM

I have read through this thread as a consequence of my daughter tearfully presenting me with her non-working YP-R0.

It lights up, presents the splash screen with her name, then goes to a blank lit up screen and stays there.

I saw a vid on Youtube which explains how to put a Samsung Captivate or Galaxy into download mode


it requires 3 100k resistors, and no modded cable. Since the YP-R0 has the same connector and a headphone jack oriented in the same way, I was wondering if this technique will work on the YP-R0. I would rather not build my own cable.

Any thoughts ?

lebellium 11-22-2013 04:02 AM

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=69099
>That's the thread to read :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.