abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphone Amplifiers (Portable) (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   how do you attach your headphone amp to your DAP? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66266)

fugo 10-28-2011 08:41 AM

how do you attach your headphone amp to your DAP?

Hi guys,

I'm shortly going to receive a digizoid v2 and am stuck for ways to attach it to my j3! currently its got a fiio e6 attached, simply by cutting a line in my j3's silicon case and sticking the e6's clip through which works great.

how do abi forumites out there mount their amps to their daps?

i'm sure i read about some silicon/rubber bands specifically for the job, but can't find any info on it. i don't mind spending a little to get a nice looking result!

cheers guys

dfkt 10-28-2011 09:56 AM

With the J3 you probably can't use a rubber band since it would go across the screen.

Either velcro adhesive or poster tack should work fine.

fugo 10-28-2011 10:16 AM

well yeah i figured a band might get in the way a tadge..

do you know any velcro stripes that aren't going to make a mess on my precious devices?

thanks for replying

dfkt 10-28-2011 10:17 AM

Can't say which brand is the best - but some people put screen protectors or other easily removable foil stuff on their devices, then attach the adhesive to that, instead of directly on the device.

I've also used "Pattex Montage Strips" with good success. They're made to stick mirrors to wall tiles and such, and they can be removed without leaving any residue.

WalkGood 10-28-2011 10:24 AM

I use painters low tack tape between amp & DAP. It never leaves a scratch and does not damage the paint job. Both DAP & amp are in a very small camera bag that hooks to my belt and never had issues with this set up and very easy to remove, no cleaning needed. Lately I've seen some really cheap phone cases that would fit both of mine in (big lots $2 to $3) that have a clip that hooks to pants without belt.

Mikerman 10-28-2011 12:23 PM

Although not perhaps for your amp., I saw FiiO rubber bands for sale on eBay, to hold an amp and DAP together. Irritating, though: it was something like $6 or $7 for 2 or 3 of them (shipped).

WalkGood 10-28-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikerman (Post 581718)
Although not perhaps for your amp., I saw FiiO rubber bands for sale on eBay, to hold an amp and DAP together. Irritating, though: it was something like $6 or $7 for 2 or 3 of them (shipped).

You can get a broccoli rubber band for free when you buy broccoli :p (I've seen them in purple, black & blue and different sizes)

Marvin the Martian 10-28-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 581723)
You can get a broccoli rubber band for free when you buy broccoli :p (I've seen them in purple, black & blue and different sizes)

Broccoli? Yuck!
I've taken one off of the broccoli at the store before though.:D

WalkGood 10-28-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 581726)
Broccoli? Yuck! ...

I always wondered why your hair was falling out :D ;)

Marvin the Martian 10-28-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 581730)
I always wondered why your hair was falling out :D ;)

I've actually been fortunate in that regard....my dad and uncle are bald, but apparently the genes from my mother's side of the family counteracted that in me.:)

WalkGood 10-28-2011 01:48 PM

I think you missed the joke, stolen rubber band, hair loss ...

Marvin the Martian 10-28-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 581735)
I think you missed the joke, stolen rubber band, hair loss ...

Yup, I did.:o

Mikerman 10-29-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 581723)

Not a bad idea at all! And certainly beats $7 for 2 or 3 (and gets you some anti-oxidating vegetables besides) . . . .

fugo 10-31-2011 05:31 AM

haha thanks for the advice, i guess i'll have to eat my greens..