abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune HD (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   New Zune Pass (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65790)

gawsome 09-29-2011 10:01 PM

New Zune Pass
 
With the new price of 9.99 for music, and music video streaming and no credits does anyone still plan on buying the zune pass? I would just assume use spotify free and youtube for music videos. I'm sad to say this will be my last month of purchasing one. I mostly used it for the song credits that I got each month and the streaming that came along with it. I wish they would have kept an option for people who didn't care for music videos but still wanted credits.

Swizzle 09-29-2011 10:34 PM

It seems that current subscribers will be "grandfathered" in. So it seems you currently pay for the service, if you continue to pay the $15, you will get your 10 songs/month.

link: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...ice-in-us.aspx

"There is one important change: Under the new plan, you no longer get 10 free MP3s to keep each month. (Current subscribers can stay on the $14.99 plan with 10 free downloads, if they choose. )"

steinburger1109 09-29-2011 10:37 PM

Exactly what Swizzle says. But you know, having the new Zune Pass has advantages over Spotify and YouTube in that both of those are PURELY streaming. And they don't do you any good if you want to take music with you on your Zune.

gawsome 09-29-2011 11:04 PM

Unfortunately I pay month to month, buying the passes in stores.

bikertrash 09-29-2011 11:54 PM

I pay 9.99 for Rhapsody and find it a great deal to use with my Clip Zip. If Zune had been 9.99 just a couple of months ago, I would've bought a Zune HD. It's a good deal, if you feel a need to get 10 credits, just go ove to Amazon and get one of the $5 albums. They would sure to have something you want and that changes every month.

aimran 09-30-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikertrash (Post 577458)
I pay 9.99 for Rhapsody and find it a great deal to use with my Clip Zip. If Zune had been 9.99 just a couple of months ago, I would've bought a Zune HD. It's a good deal, if you feel a need to get 10 credits, just go ove to Amazon and get one of the $5 albums. They would sure to have something you want and that changes every month.

True, Amazon does have many albums for $5. I just check and they have over 214,000 albums under $5 currently.

You know what would be great? If Microsoft buys Hulu and integrate that into Zune and sell both services for $15.

Marvin the Martian 09-30-2011 12:22 AM

If I was just getting into this hobby, I might well try the Zune Pass or Rhapsody, to hear a lot of new tunes. However, I've already got more than enough tunes to keep me busy, and money's a bit tight....so I'll pass on these services at this point.

Stujoe 09-30-2011 06:40 PM

Spotify is promising. But, man, the Spotify software and the Spotify (iPhone) mobile app suck compared to Zune Software and Zune Player. Heck, it sucks compared to iTunes and the iPod App and iTunes/iPod App sucks in and of itself.

<-- Zune, Zune Pass, Spotify Premium, iTunes and iPhone user.

Machiventa 10-01-2011 12:23 PM

With this new price being the same as Spotify and MOG's premium services, I'm surprised they aren't adding more features that the other guys offer such as an app for iOS & Android, sharing of user created playlists, FB integration, etc. - there isn't anything that makes it more valuable and feature-rich over the competition. In these times you have to innovate and introduce features that the competition doesn't have and with music streaming becoming very popular recently it looks like MS failed to bring anything new and competitive to the table. Music videos? Like everyone else I'll stick to youtube for that.

gawsome 10-01-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiventa (Post 577673)
With this new price being the same as Spotify and MOG's premium services, I'm surprised they aren't adding more features that the other guys offer such as an app for iOS & Android, sharing of user created playlists, FB integration, etc. - there isn't anything that makes it more valuable and feature-rich over the competition. In these times you have to innovate and introduce features that the competition doesn't have and with music streaming becoming very popular recently it looks like MS failed to bring anything new and competitive to the table. Music videos? Like everyone else I'll stick to youtube for that.

Thats the same way I feel. I might as well go to youtube for that and it sounds like, but I could be wrong, that you can only stream the videos meaning you wouldn't be able to watch them on the zune hd. Like you said the price is competitive but it doesn't really bring anything new that the other services like rhapsody, spotify or napster didn't already have. The only thing that it changed was the addition of music videos. For me the song credits and integration with zune made me choose it over the competition.

JoshRead 10-01-2011 05:19 PM

I've had the regular Zune Pass for a couple of years. How do I switch to the new cheaper option?

steinburger1109 10-01-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshRead (Post 577726)
I've had the regular Zune Pass for a couple of years. How do I switch to the new cheaper option?

If I had to guess, I'd assume that when the time comes for you to re-up your subscription, there will be an option to "downgrade"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.