abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune HD (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   So long, and farewell... (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65437)

DaveMac-MS 09-06-2011 07:17 PM

So long, and farewell...

Hi guys:

Just a really brief note to let you know that last week I offered my resignation to Microsoft and this coming Friday will be my last day in the office.

I'm leaving Microsoft after nearly 11 years at the company and have had a wonderful run. For a long time it's been a dream job - and being able to come to this forum, spar and debate with passionate enthusiasts has been a true highlight. So thankyou all for indulging me here.

I'm leaving to do a startup. It's called Buddy, and we'll be announcing more details on it shortly at http://buddy.com. I'd love to get your thoughts on it once we've launched.

I hope to continue to participate on ABi as my time and interests allow. You guys are a passionate and vocal bunch, and I look forward to joining you on the other side of the aisle as a customer and user!

Thanks everyone!

Cheers, Dave.

steinburger1109 09-06-2011 07:25 PM

Good luck, Dave! It's been great having a voice from Microsoft here.

I suppose we probably won't be getting any MS secrets as you leave, huh? ;)

Marvin the Martian 09-06-2011 07:29 PM

You've been a good sport Dave....best of luck!

gawsome 09-06-2011 08:11 PM

I am sorry to hear about your resignation but wish you luck in your new company. Thank you for listening and contributing on the forum.

Fallstar 09-06-2011 10:46 PM

Thank you for your interaction with everyone here. Best of luck with your ventures. Hope to still see you around this forum. Take care! :)

The DarkSide 09-07-2011 01:16 AM

Hey, it was great having you here as a member, and I'd hope you would still stick around as "one of the guys" now. And also, I hope the new business kills 'em!!!

DaveMac-MS 09-07-2011 02:05 AM

Oh ya, I plan to stick my nose in here on occasion and visit. Seeing as I'll be working in the portable device space (albeit mobile devices), I'm sure I'll still be as opinionated and pointed. :)

Cheers, Dave.

sideways 09-07-2011 04:05 AM

Best of luck with your new venture and do be sure to pop in from time to time!

Strider_Aus 09-07-2011 04:27 AM

Hey Dave,

As mentioned before - All the best with your new venture! Thanks in particular for your preparedness to answer yet another Aussie question, tweet, email or forum post directed your way with Patriotic Patience!!! ;)

I can't leave without letting you know my last question to you as an MS Employee is exactly the same as the first question I want to ask you next week as freelancer... When is Australia getting the bloody Zune Pass service !!!!!! ^#@%^&#%^#@ !

(Do NDA's last once you leave your employer???)

At least I'm a consistent Aussie PITA! :D

Cheers mate,
Sheeds.

(PS don't be a stranger in the abi WP7 forum now!)

lol ;)

Angus_NB 09-07-2011 05:00 AM

Good luck with the new venture Dave.
I do appreciate the time you gave to the forum as a non-biased voice from Microsoft.

Machiventa 09-07-2011 12:32 PM

Cheers!

WalkGood 09-07-2011 01:43 PM

Was great to have you fielding much of the zune issues, good luck and hope your Buddy mobile apps take off

Broodbeleg 09-07-2011 02:11 PM

I wonder, do you have to change your nickname here on ABi now? :P

Anyway, good luck with your future endeavours outside of MS and at buddy.

Confispect 09-07-2011 03:31 PM

Peace your website reminds me of a certain J3 UI. Good luck.

aryzonabay 09-07-2011 07:51 PM

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to say good luck and thanks for engaging the Zune users as you have. I will miss lurking on here just to read your posts about the Zune HD.

Master123 09-09-2011 08:52 AM

Thanks, i really appreciate your work you did taking all those challenging comments you had over the years.....

TechyguyDR 09-09-2011 11:00 AM

Good luck with your new business Dave.

DaveMac-MS 09-09-2011 11:57 AM

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Dave.

Bethsoftfan 09-09-2011 02:25 PM

Hello!

I don't know if you remember me, but I have to say a few words.

It might sound as a bad coincidence, but I just plugged in my Zune HD an hour ago. I've not using it for over a year now because I got a WP7. But I thought like: 'Well, why not trying if it works now.'
I've lain it down over a year ago, because there were still some driver/software bugs which prevented the installation of the drivers on my pc and notebook. And while it was installing everything this time, I went on this page again. It says that I've logged in on the third of Janurary this year for the last time. And now I see that you are attending your last day at Microsoft. I hope you are enjoying it. :)

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get it to run. But what's important is, that you have proven me that no matter how big a company is, there are always people who live for their job, and care about the customers, no matter how (sometimes) difficult their problems are, and despite the fact that they might never be rewarded for their help. I guess without you, I would have quit my 'fanboyship' with Microsoft. ;)

But what I hope is, that somehow somewhere I'll be able to reward you for your help.
I'm quite optimistic that I will. :rolleyes:

Thank you.
Bethsoftfan.

Master123 09-09-2011 08:43 PM

What platform is the buddy.com going to support?