abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Sansa Clip Zip Firmware (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64931)

WalkGood 08-25-2011 10:13 AM

Sansa Clip Zip Firmware

Firmware:
Release Notes:

Marvin the Martian 09-01-2011 01:33 PM

• All languages are now in one firmware version in first post above. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and region preference
  • Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update

Manual Firmware Instructions
  • Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
  • Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer.
  • Un-zip the downloaded file you just downloaded onto your desktop, the file will be clpza.bin file .
  • Once extracted, drag the clpza.bin file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip.
  • Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin.
  • Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
  • Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference
  • Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" >"System Settings"> "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.01.XX.

Quote:

Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.20 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart. 

Enhancements
  • FM RDS info support for UK and EU regions

Bugs Fixed
  • Some brands and types of microSD cards are not recognized by device
  • M3U playlist display issue

Known Issues
  • Recently Added doesn’t update Rhapsody transferred tracks
  • Artist Info page doesn’t display for Rhapsody transferred tracks

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-C...20/td-p/270703

WalkGood 09-01-2011 01:52 PM

I thought you'd be the first to post here, I'll update soon thanks. On second thought I like the clean look of just firmware versions with dl links. If possible you can just edit your post to include the latest release notes because I couldn't care less about the OF since I only run rockbox :D

UbTapes 09-04-2011 11:53 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the new version
Will I be able to change this clpza --->Clpzg in order to remove the radio, or i will need to wait for a newer version??
I really appreciate your help!

Marvin the Martian 09-04-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UbTapes (Post 573024)
Hi,
Thanks for the new version
Will I be able to change this clpza --->Clpzg in order to remove the radio, or i will need to wait for a newer version??
I really appreciate your help!

Only one way to find out.......try it.

skip252 09-04-2011 12:11 PM

Firmware updates usually add features not take them away. There's no telling for certain but it's doubtful that hiding or removing the radio would be a Sandisk priority. I wouldn't expect any firmware update to include that.

Marvin the Martian 09-30-2011 11:42 PM

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...ip01.01.17.zip

WalkGood 10-01-2011 04:38 AM

Thanks Marvin, added .17 to first post. Here's the release notes:

Quote:

Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.17 Release Notes

This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.

Enhancements
  • FM and Voice Recording duration selection is now bi-directional for convenience
  • Music EQ added to the Music Option submenu for easy access
  • Player automatically jumps to Card menu upon external card insertion
  • "A" and "The" are omitted in Artists, Albums and Songs lists to optimize content browsing
  • Chapter number display is added to Audible playback screen

Bugs Fixed
  • Pressing Back button does not return to previous list when playing an album after first song is played

Known Issues
  • Recently Added doesnít update Rhapsody transferred tracks
  • Artist Info page doesnít display for Rhapsody transferred tracks
  • AAC files encoded with Microsoft mp4-2 variable bit rate cannot be played (Work around: User can use different encoder or encode songs to different supporting formats)

dgb52 10-03-2011 03:34 PM

I do not know if its my hearing or what but the my zip seems like the volume is not quite as loud after i installed the new firmware

Mikerman 10-03-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgb52 (Post 577943)
I do not know if its my hearing or what but the my zip seems like the volume is not quite as loud after i installed the new firmware

Note that if you chose the EU as your region when you installed the firmware, you lose the Hi volume setting. If that's the case, just reset the player from its Settings options and choose U.S. or Rest of world when prompted, and then go into the player's Settings and set volume to hi.

dford3772 10-05-2011 05:26 PM

RE: Manual Update 1.01.17

I'm on Windows 7 as I never could make Vista do the update. I had to retire
my old XP which never failed.

I unzipped the compressed file and put it on my desktop. I opened the Clip
Zip root drive (internal memory) and dragged the compressed file there.
It is in place but when I unplug the Clip Zip nothing happens--no firmware
update takes place.

What can I do to get the job done?
Donna in AR

skip252 10-05-2011 05:51 PM

I don't see the direction to place the player in MSC mode as part of the directions here. I haven't updated a Clip Zip but I've updated dozens of other Sansas and it only worked in MSC mode. Is the player in MSC, MTP or Autodetect USB mode?

dford3772 10-05-2011 06:17 PM

RE: Manual Update 1.01.17

Not sure you are replying to my query but all is well. I don't give up easily so
I deleted the file from the Zip. Dragged a new one to it and the upgrade
began. Just a typical Windows/Sansa glitch.

I bow to defeat on Vista but Win 7 may be almost as good as XP where
with my fleet of clips I've updated a bunch. I just expect everything to always work and that is not a truism in Windows or Sansa.
Thanks,
Donna

mndoglover 10-17-2011 05:48 PM

I have just purchased a Clip Zip, and have downloaded the most recent firmware onto my Macbook Pro. I don't understand "Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip. " I'm not very skilled! I have the clipza.bin.cpgz file. Which is the root directory on the Clip Zip? Which of the files that I see do I drag it to? Also, the brand new MP3 player has five files in Albums, 000005a4L, 000005a4S, 00000466L, 00000466S. All are Unix Executable files. What are these and do I need them? Thanks for your help to a newbie. Marsha

saratoga 10-17-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndoglover (Post 579996)
I have the clipza.bin.cpgz file.

Thats not right, so it probably means something went wrong already. Are you using the built in ZIP program on your Mac? I've heard it screws up sometimes, so you may need to download a better one from google.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndoglover (Post 579996)
Which is the root directory on the Clip Zip?

Root is the first directory on a disk, so its the one that contains all the others on your Clip:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

Marvin the Martian 12-09-2011 03:03 PM

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...ip01.01.18.zip

Quote:

Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.18 Release Notes

Enhancements
  • Shuffle All is changed to Play All in Music menu
Bugs Fixed
  • AAC files encoded with Microsoft mp4-2 variable bit rate cannot be played
  • RDS information disappears after power cycle
Known Issues
  • Recently Added doesnít update Rhapsody transferred tracks
  • Artist Info page doesnít display for Rhapsody transferred tracks

Source for above....http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Zi...18/td-p/254122

TexasRockbox 12-09-2011 04:47 PM

Now that's news! Sansa can't deny RDS now!

WalkGood 12-09-2011 06:45 PM

Updated 1st post, thanks marvin :)

Marvin the Martian 12-10-2011 12:25 PM

Well, I gave this new firmware a chance, to see if it would recognize all the tracks on my 32GB card....and it still chokes the player. So my new 4GB Zip has also been Rockboxed, before I ever even listened to it....lol.

WalkGood 12-10-2011 01:51 PM

I tested db refresh on zip running .17 OF 8GB + 32GB card zip, it recognized everything, not unusually long load time and worked fine. I wouldn't swear on it but I don't think it took more than 15 min. But thatís about the extent of testing the OF I did before booting back to rockbox ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

FWI organization is folder/folder/tracks (%artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title%).