abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung R0 / Q3 / Z3 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   R0 Newbie Static/Buzz Problem (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62578)

hershey22 04-12-2011 09:39 PM

R0 Newbie Static/Buzz Problem

I finally took the plunge getting the R0 even with all of the firmware uncertainty that I have read. By the way you do an outstanding job researching and breaking everything down. However, the first problem I would like to ask about is a problem with static/fuzz at the end of mp3 tracks and right before the next track begins.

Anyone experience the same/similar problem in their experience? I am using Superlux 32 Ohm cans but this is very noticeable at the times indicated. I have the 1.22 firmware that came installed on the player and I am scared to death to upgrade to 1.24 because everything seems to be working fairly well. If anyone could reply if they know what this noise might be I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone would have any words of wisdom of what I should do with the player from here (Settings,upgrades etc.) Thanks in advance!

Lorenz092 04-13-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hershey22 (Post 549118)
I finally took the plunge getting the R0 even with all of the firmware uncertainty that I have read. By the way you do an outstanding job researching and breaking everything down. However, the first problem I would like to ask about is a problem with static/fuzz at the end of mp3 tracks and right before the next track begins.

Anyone experience the same/similar problem in their experience? I am using Superlux 32 Ohm cans but this is very noticeable at the times indicated. I have the 1.22 firmware that came installed on the player and I am scared to death to upgrade to 1.24 because everything seems to be working fairly well. If anyone could reply if they know what this noise might be I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone would have any words of wisdom of what I should do with the player from here (Settings,upgrades etc.) Thanks in advance!

Since January I've updated it two times and until your battery is charged full and you don't touch anything, the update process should work ok :)
I advise you to update before trying anything else, also because the new firmware solves (maybe not completely but) the library update problem (99% story)!!

For your problem...I don't hear anything! Try other earphones...maybe the connector is quite dirty :)

hershey22 04-13-2011 02:29 PM

Thanks Lorenz for the reply. Well I have loaded three albums onto the player but that's it. My headphones are fine because I use them with my Sony and my Minibox D all of the time with no problems at all. I have read all kinds of different accounts how to upgrade to 1.24 but is there a totally safe and foolproof method so I don't brick my player? I have not loaded any programs and have done all syncing from Windows Explorer and Media Monkey. Also, don't want to start a new thread on this but if no one replies I will...but does the EQ on this thing work? I don't hear a thing as far as any change when playing around with it. Thanks in advance!

lebellium 04-13-2011 02:34 PM

It's more risky to transfer files on your R0 in fw 1.22 than upgrading to fw 1.24. ;)

hershey22 04-13-2011 02:42 PM

Lebbelium, am I in big time trouble now that I have already transferred three albums or is it still safe to upgrade?...and as I mentioned I still have not gotten a clear picture of the absolute right way to upgrade step by step with the least amount of risk...thank you so much for your advice!..

lebellium 04-13-2011 03:02 PM

No you're not in trouble. If the library update did not hang with your 3 albums it will not hang later with these albums. It's safe to upgrade and may save you for your future file transfers (which doesn't mean the R0 in fw 1.24 cannot brick. There is no 100% safe firmware for the R0 and there will probably never be)
The right way is easy, everything is in the 1st post here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=60905

Lorenz092 04-14-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 549241)
No you're not in trouble. If the library update did not hang with your 3 albums it will not hang later with these albums. It's safe to upgrade and may save you for your future file transfers (which doesn't mean the R0 in fw 1.24 cannot brick. There is no 100% safe firmware for the R0 and there will probably never be)
The right way is easy, everything is in the 1st post here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=60905

Again, the update process is completely safe when the battery is full and you don't touch anything during the process. It may take a while (10 mins? Dont remember!)
For the EQ. there are two ways: using the eq of one of the two dnse modes or the global one (master eq). For the bass I suggest you to use the Bass control in the dnse! (remember to activare dnse 1 or 2 during playback via the menu)