abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung R0 / Q3 / Z3 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Questions about R0 from a prospective buyer (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60898)

GumbyX84 01-26-2011 10:40 AM

Questions about R0 from a prospective buyer

I've been looking for a new MP3 player for awhile now and recently stumbled upon the R0. Having never heard of it before, I did some research and found it to be a really nice player. I can't find many reviews of it, so I thought I'd come here and see if anyone who owns the player can answer a few questions for me. How does the SQ of the R0 compare to something like the Sansa Fuze? I had a Fuze and the SQ was great and would like something of the same quality. Also, I'm seeing a lot of posts about FW issues ranging from the UI to libraries not updating. Are these "normal" issues for the R0 or have FW updates fixed some of these problems?

FCC 01-29-2011 11:39 AM

It is a really nice player. From the solid aluminum housing, the good display and all the features it offers, there are few competitors that can match this.
I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and I'm quite happy.

Sound quality: I don't have a Sansa Fuze so I can only compare to my old Samsung T7. For me the sound quality is amazing and I love the EQ Presets.
Concert hall really sounds like a Concert hall.
According to a german magazine, all tested Samsung players featured an above average signal quality. Signal quality was measured scientifically and it is a category where Samsung shines.

Firmware issues: Mine hangs up once in a while but that it is not that often and so far I don't have any other issues.

Lorenz092 01-30-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCC (Post 533445)
It is a really nice player. From the solid aluminum housing, the good display and all the features it offers, there are few competitors that can match this.
I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and I'm quite happy.

Sound quality: I don't have a Sansa Fuze so I can only compare to my old Samsung T7. For me the sound quality is amazing and I love the EQ Presets.
Concert hall really sounds like a Concert hall.
According to a german magazine, all tested Samsung players featured an above average signal quality. Signal quality was measured scientifically and it is a category where Samsung shines.

Firmware issues: Mine hangs up once in a while but that it is not that often and so far I don't have any other issues.

quote :)

Only some firmware issues and some missing features, but as a player works as a player and more!

slade 01-30-2011 03:37 PM

i got it for 54 euro and there was nothing out there that could compete with the features the r0 has! of course some stuff is not perfect but it works mostly like it should. and i love the ability watching any videos i put on there!

daveskey69 02-01-2011 01:54 AM

it doesn't really play any videos. AVI XVID for sure, with no problems, but other formats don't really work.