abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   SanDisk Sansa (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HELP-- e200v2 vs Fuzev2 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58968)

newsansabuyer 11-09-2010 02:32 PM

HELP-- e200v2 vs Fuzev2

Hey guys, been reading on this forum for a while before making my purchase on a new sansa e250v2, but now im doubting myself! im buying it on *amazon* and i still have time to cancel payment on it and select a different one..

after doing more reading, im now unclear as to the difference in SQ on the e200v2 vs the fuzev2, on amazon the fuze is only 8$ more... I really like the size of the e200 but concerened with its batterly life using rockbox. from what i can tell the fuzev2 has more than double the battery life... but then again the replacable battery on the e200 will help in the long run... the bigger and vertical screen on the fuze is nice too, but ive read that the fuze's have a bunch of problems.. from what i can tell the e200 is more reliable.

As you can see im quite lost lol... I used to think i was indicisive... but now im not so sure... ;)

I'd love some input from you guys here. I will be using rockbox on either one.. I'd like to know the differences in SQ between the e200v2 and fuzev2 and durability and anything else you guys can think of ;) thx!

saratoga 11-09-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsansabuyer (Post 513116)
I'd like to know the differences in SQ between the e200v2 and fuzev2

There isn't one.

newsansabuyer 11-09-2010 03:18 PM

thx, i read the fuzev2 and clip+ uses a different chip than the v1.. which is the same chip used in the e200v2 which is why they have different battery life in rockbox n whatnot so i wasn't sure. im getting it mainly for music but could want to use it to watch a show or somethin later... i want the screensize of the fuze but do not want the form size of it lol... hows the video playback on the fuzev2 vs e200v2? with rockbox can't you flip the image sideways on the e200 so its not all scrunched?

WalkGood 11-09-2010 03:57 PM

Keep in mind that the e200 series was terminated when the fuze came out and now the fuze v1, v2 is as well to make room for the fuze +, so aside from rockbox there is no more support for it. I've flipped the screen on mine but didn't know there's a sideways. Video on the e200 series is meh, I did it a few times but the screen isn't that great and too small for me to do any extended watching. Aside from that, rockbox runs great on it, I still have my e260 running rockbox for a few years now.

skip252 11-09-2010 06:37 PM

On my Fuze videos display in portrait mode. On my e250 (Rockboxed) they display in landscape. The viewing angles are a bit better on the Fuze than the e250 but neither one of them is a great video player. For a music video or a short clip I'll use it. Anything longer than that I need a bigger screen.

newsansabuyer 11-09-2010 10:49 PM

I guess my real concern is SQ and Battery life, and from what i can tell from the rockbox website is this.. (from http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS)

"ARM922T datasheet as used in Fuze v1, e200 v2, Clip v1, C200 v2, M200 v4.
ARM926EJS datasheet as used in Fuze v2, Clip v2 and Clip +. "

So if i buy a new sansa it will be a v2, whether i buy a e200 or a fuze, so if i get the e200v2 it will use a ARM922T chip, and if i get a fuze v2 it will use a ARM926EJS chip.. MY question is, is the ARM926EJS any better in SQ over the ARM922T?? i know that somethins optimized on ARM926EJS for the codec's to play more efficiently or somethin so thats why the battery life is longer on them compared to those which have LESS battery life using RB.

"Clipv1/c200v2/m200v4/e200v2/Fuzev1: Battery life is quite shorter than when using the OF." --- which just so happens to be the same models that use ARM922T

And i wonder if theres any chance of them fixing the battery issues in RB sooner or later for the ARM922T models or if thats just a hadycap of the chip itself.

If its not any diff in SQ then i guess i can live with the gimped Battery life, because eventually both batteries will fail, and only the e200 series has cost effective battery replacments for it.

Also, are there any applications or features in RB that are gimped on the e200 due to the screen size, or is it just the games?

idivorceyou 11-16-2010 10:38 AM

I have both players. Actually 2 sansas (4gb, 6gb) and a Fuze V2. all are rockboxed.
the sound quality on all three is excellent. no difference to my ears.
There is an issue on the Fuze V2 with Rockbox - after you load music, there is a "refreshing your media" screen and process that can take from 3 - 15 minutes. I find it totally annoying and intolerable! I like to load some tunes, unplug the USB, get in the car and listen. now I have to wait 14 minutes for the refresh to complete. I am at my destination already! Not a problem with the sansas.

As to form, love the Fuze for the big screen, how thin it is.

lestatar 11-16-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idivorceyou (Post 514729)
I have both players. Actually 2 sansas (4gb, 6gb) and a Fuze V2. all are rockboxed.
the sound quality on all three is excellent. no difference to my ears.
There is an issue on the Fuze V2 with Rockbox - after you load music, there is a "refreshing your media" screen and process that can take from 3 - 15 minutes. I find it totally annoying and intolerable! I like to load some tunes, unplug the USB, get in the car and listen. now I have to wait 14 minutes for the refresh to complete. I am at my destination already! Not a problem with the sansas.

As to form, love the Fuze for the big screen, how thin it is.

Just to be clear here: The issue in bold IS NOT due to Rockbox - the long refresh times are due to Sandisk's own firmware and their distaste for certain types of ID3 tags. :)

Marvin the Martian 11-16-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestatar (Post 514738)
Just to be clear here: The issue in bold IS NOT due to Rockbox - the long refresh times are due to Sandisk's own firmware. :)

Correct! (love my 3 minute refresh);)

idivorceyou 11-16-2010 11:41 AM

3 minute refresh showoff! my "3 minute refresh" comes from a piece of gum.
It just took 14 minutes to refresh my Fuze. 8gb main memory, 16 gb sd card.

lestatar 11-16-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idivorceyou (Post 514747)

perhaps true... :( But as we saw in that other thread, you are better off than I am by 100%.

We are partially to blame for the long refresh times..it sucks, but I never complain about it as I am not about to change how I do things.

...still...it is crappy :mad:

Marvin the Martian 11-16-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idivorceyou (Post 514747)

Same set-up I have....but look on the bright side, your refresh is faster than lestatar's is.:)

idivorceyou 11-17-2010 10:15 AM

Ok, back to the big question - Fuze vs e200. I had been running with my new Fuze, cause its new! and my E240 is hooked into some cheapo speakers in a bathroom to use as a radio/mp3 player. But my E280 V1 with Rockbox, in its snappy case, has gone relatively unused. I just brought it back and for the life of me, given my refresh issues with the Fuze V2, can't justify continuing to use the Fuze until Rockbox fixes the USB and refresh issue.