abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philips (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Philips Go Gear 8gb not loud enough (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57462)

deax 09-07-2010 04:28 AM

Philips Go Gear 8gb not loud enough

Hey,

does anyone know if there is a (hacked) Firmware for the GoGear which allows to set the max. Volume higher?
I don't want to edit every single MP3-File :x

thanks,

Henko 10-13-2010 01:35 PM

I've just updated to Firmware 2.63. According to Philips:Benefits

1. Fixed Hang-up during startup

2. Fixed corruption problem during MTP mode file transfer

3. Increased volume level for FullSound On <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

rohit3192 10-13-2010 03:21 PM

If there is "volume limit" option set that to max.
Upgrade firmware.
no other remedy I know

Edit:
I have upgraded my firmware and yes sound volume is increased.
The firmware can be upgraded through Philips songbird software.
Put your player in MSC mode if update firware error while in MTP mode.
Locate your player on left pane of songbird>philips player >tools>upgrade firmware.

@Henko:
I liked the arrows pointing towards 3rd point

prankstare 01-28-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

I've just updated to Firmware 2.63.

How did you update to version 2.63?

I have a Sa3ara08k/97 and all that Songbird gives me is firmware update version 2.06. :(

Kawl 02-12-2012 11:52 PM

hey does anyone know if there's an alternative/manual way to upgrade the firmware? i get an error message with Songbird all the time... :/

prankstare 02-13-2012 04:14 AM

Kawl,

The firmware update for this device is rather messy and worky. I don't quite remember how I did it exactly, but you could try do it in repair mode and see if it helps.

Vladex 02-11-2013 11:16 AM

I have a SA4VBE08KF/12 . and songbird tells me the last update is 11.1. and the volume is soo low . any advice ?

skip252 02-11-2013 12:54 PM

Welcome to ABi:)

Looking up that model it appears to be a EU version of the GoGear Vibe. As I don't have one I can't be sure but I'd guess the issue is the firmware is limiting the volume according to the region. If there's a way to reset that to a region other than the EU, that may help. Look for a way to reset the player and choose another region.

I don't believe you can change your region in Songbird but if you can that may also be a way to access a firmware that isn't volume limited. This thread is a couple years old and what Songbird does may have changed in that time.

Philips products also have a volume limiting app called SafeSound. If that's active disabling that may help.

Remember, this is coming from someone that doesn't have the player you're asking about. I'm guessing based on experience with other players that have firmware updates that remove the EU limits like Cowon and sandisk products. None of this is guaranteed to help and trying to install a different firmware may actually brick your player. Consider that before you start trying to make changes based on my advice.

If you're not able to get around any volume limit that may be in place you may want to get an amp. Something like the Fiio E6 gives a clean boost of 6 dB and shouldn't break the bank. In most cases that's enough of an increase to bring the volume to an acceptable level.