abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Best IEM's for Sansa Clip - under 40/$60 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54804)

Kieran55 05-03-2010 02:34 PM

Best IEM's for Sansa Clip - under 40/$60

After a lot of research i am still undecided on what IEM's to buy for my sansa clip +. I mainly listen to rock/metal music and i love to hear lots of bass!
Currently i use Sennheiser CX300's but i want something a that provides better sounds and stays in my ear.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should buy?

gazpel 05-03-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran55 (Post 468063)
After a lot of research i am still undecided on what IEM's to buy for my sansa clip +. I mainly listen to rock/metal music and i love to hear lots of bass!
Currently i use Sennheiser CX300's but i want something a that provides better sounds and stays in my ear.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should buy?

if you want some serious bass save another $20 and get yourself a hippo VB. if $60 is your absolute max, have a look at the hippo shroom.

dfkt 05-03-2010 04:06 PM

In the price range you specified there isn't anything that's really very much better than the CX300 (if you got genuine ones, not fakes). I agree with Gazpel's recommendations if you up your ante a notch. The VB that is -- the Shroom sound great, but they don't have that extra amount of bass.

musichound 05-03-2010 08:41 PM

I just purchased the Denon AH-C360, and let me tell you that IMO, these kill the Senns CX300 and any other phones I heard in that price range. The bass is as deep as the V-Moda bass frequencies, but clean and tight, and the highs are crystal clear. The midrange is a bit recessed, however, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I also agree I heard nothing but good things about the Hippos VB and I plan to get them next.

lestatar 05-04-2010 01:30 AM

@musichound: I am kinda looking at those Denon's too! Trying to come up with some reasonable rationale why I need 6 pairs of working IEMs for only 2 ears...lol!

@OP: I gotta add my vote for the Hippo VBs. I recently got them and have been amazed at how great they sound. I am not a basshead, but have come to love the deep but not muddy bass [and everything else] sound from the VBs - absolutely they live up to all the hype. They have been a revelation to me as I am new to decent quality IEMs - I simply did not believe that such strong, firm bass is possible in an IEM, especially without any real sacrifice for mid/high sounds that I love [being a guitar head]...

I also have [real] CX 300. I always thought these sounded pretty good. But now, after the VBs, they really do sound a bit muddy to me. Yes, the bass is present, but the sound of the CX300 now sound a bit...dull to me, compared to the VBs.

Don't think you can go wrong as a professed basshead...and the interchangable plates of the VBs totally work...

Kieran55 05-04-2010 02:44 PM

thanks for your suggestions so far!

i have just found these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-C...ef=pd_sim_ce_2

Whats the difference between these and the Sennheiser CX300's i have now.Would these be worth buying instead?

lestatar 05-04-2010 03:20 PM

I only have Senn CX300 - imo, the 300IIs will likely be an incremental upgrade to the original CX300. Probably if you like the CX300, you will be ok with the IIs...

Just a guess though so caveat emptor...

Toxeus 05-07-2010 01:13 AM

klipsch s4 are quite good inexpensive IEMs for basshead, i prefer them to my girlfriend's CX400II

illusion 05-07-2010 09:46 AM

@lestatar: although not in my sig n currently not in much use, i already have 8 pairs of working IEMs :D and plannin to buy at least 3 more :D..i have no idea why i have that many :p..my earphone buying addiction's just gettin worse :o

@OP: second the Klipsch S4...u can also try these http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX500...43144&sr=1-182 for just a $10 increase in your budget..they have good bass n good overall sound :)

lestatar 05-07-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illusion (Post 468996)
@lestatar: although not in my sig n currently not in much use, i already have 8 pairs of working IEMs :D and plannin to buy at least 3 more :D..i have no idea why i have that many :p..my earphone buying addiction's just gettin worse :o...SNIPPED...

LOL...seems like we both have the same disease at the moment... ;):D

Put em in your sig so we can all admire your growing collection! [Plus, I think it might help some folks out, seeing what people use/own - could be useful info, at least as a starting point when choosing IEMs since there are soooo many out there...]:)

illusion 05-09-2010 12:57 PM

Done :D

planning to buy senn IE7, sony ex700 and hippos :p as soon as i save up enuff...

Vartex 05-12-2010 12:31 AM

Yeah the vb's best choice. Anything else would be the same, worse or not noticeable.

Also how do they not stay in your ear i have cx500's and they wont come out for the life of me :P