abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa e200 Rockbox (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Help Me!!! with songs. PLEASE HELP!! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53473)

newsboysfan77 03-16-2010 10:03 PM

Help Me!!! with songs. PLEASE HELP!!

I have had rockbox since February 2nd 2010. and some of the songs come up as untagged, but they are all mp3's and not wma. although some of the mp3's are not untagged. how do you fix this. should i convert all of the mp3's to wma or what i do not no how to tag. Please help.

oobergeek 03-16-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsboysfan77 (Post 452052)
I have had rockbox since February 2nd 2010. and some of the songs come up as untagged, but they are all mp3's and not wma. although some of the mp3's are not untagged. how do you fix this. should i convert all of the mp3's to wma or what i do not no how to tag. Please help.

google MP3tag. It's one of the better mp3 taggers and it's easy to use. You can even find tutorials on it on Youtube. Good luck!.

epithetless 03-16-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsboysfan77 (Post 452052)

To tag song files, you need to use a tagging utility (not to convert them to a different file format). Tagging means populating metadata fields like "Artist", "Album", Genre", etc. with the appropriate information. If you are able to tag full albums of songs at once (in other words, if you don't just have a bunch of random files from different albums and artists all mixed together), many tagging applications can look up this information from the Amazon and/or freedb music databases and fill it out for you. Otherwise, you can type the missing information into the fields yourself.

MP3Tag is a popular free tagging program, although I prefer Tag&Rename (available on a trial basis if you don't want to pay for it) myself. TagScanner is another free one I recommend taking a look at. In addition to stand-alone taggers, software media players like MediaMonkey and even Windows Media Player allow you to open songs' file properties and edit their tag data.

newsboysfan77 03-17-2010 12:23 PM

Thank you it works. took a couple restarts after but it works

saratoga 03-17-2010 01:34 PM

If your files aren't tagged, you may want to use the file browser.

newsboysfan77 03-17-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga (Post 452270)
If your files aren't tagged, you may want to use the file browser.

How do you get to the file browser and also i downloaded some themes karma live from this forum and extracted them but now that theme or any one thats extracted from that theme shows up in rockbox. it was working fine when i first installed a month ago.

saratoga 03-17-2010 06:51 PM

Turn on your player. The currently selected menu option will be "Files". Choose that option.