abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [Feedback] Meeting with Samsung Korean Managers (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47471)

lebellium 09-16-2009 07:04 PM

[Feedback] Meeting with Samsung Korean Managers

Hi, tonight there was a Samsung Meeting in Paris.
Of course I was invited there:D
I met 2 Korean Samsung workers who work for "Product Planning & New Business Dev."
One of them has even developped the P2, P3 and M1 :)
That was very interesting. I had the opportunity to speak with them in english (high level of course :cool: lol). I gave them my feedback, some advices and they listened to me very carefully!
Here are some points I particularly insisted on:
-Gapless (And I really insisted on just for you guys :D )
-No Touch pad anymore. Real buttons/tactile controls.
-Better microSD slot gestion/Merge both internal and external memories in the database like on the Cowon D2
-"More information" feature (bitrate, file size, album year etc...)
-Solve the EmoDio problem (only Koreans can download UCI themes)

They were very interested in what I told them, they told me they will tell our requests in Korea. So if one day you see gapless in a Samsung mp3 player, you will thank me:D
I hope they will take my requests into account but nothing is sure for the moment. There are so many variables (marketing, communication, developping etc...)

But it seems that they really will abandon the touch pad. They get to many negative feedbacks.
The R0 and all future Samsung mp3 players (except M1) will have a standard USB connexion.
Next range (next year) will probably get Wifi.

Sorry if you had requests I didn't tell them but you know, i couldn't make a list of hundreds things, they are human beeings, and I'm so happy they came in France and listened to me, that's so nice :)
Anyway, I'll keep in touch with them

At the end every participant got a R1 for test and a parlour game :D

WalkGood 09-16-2009 07:15 PM

Very cool lebellium, sounds like an interesting meeting and I'm sure it was fun. BTW, did they show you any new toys ;)

lebellium 09-16-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 396165)
BTW, did they show you any new toys ;)

Unfortunately I can't say ANYTHING about that. (I even had to sign a sheet for that so it's very serious! :eek: So please guys don't PM me or try to guess. I won't say a single word. I could get trouble otherwise )
But yeah the initiative from Samsung France was really good

a_tumiwa 09-16-2009 09:57 PM

good info sir , but maybe u forgot the most important thing, tell them to really seriously update firmware! its so wtf! haha

lebellium 09-17-2009 12:01 AM

for the p3? I told them. With bluewaves on P2 and 2.07 on P3 they had a lot of work and developpers said "we're gonna die" so they stopped. But I told them people want firmwares with new features and not only bugs fixes ;)

a_tumiwa 09-17-2009 12:27 AM

and at least no delete old features :D

WalkGood 09-17-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 396169)
Unfortunately I can't say ANYTHING about that. (I even had to sign a sheet for that so it's very serious! :eek: So please guys don't PM me or try to guess. I won't say a single word. I could get trouble otherwise )
But yeah the initiative from Samsung France was really good

I wasn't looking for specifics thus the :wink:, glad to hear you were able to give input and had a good time :p

lebellium 09-17-2009 08:00 AM

I know you wasn't ;)
The warning was for the other members who like to have much information in advance from me but this time I really cannot share anything:(

a_tumiwa 09-17-2009 08:09 AM

no problem, u only need to say "Samsung is going to kill ipod in 2010" is enough :D

lebellium 09-17-2009 08:31 AM

If they care on my requests, the Ipod Killer should be released sooner or later :D

GTR Mclaren 09-18-2009 12:08 AM

I just want to know the release date of the M1 in USA

damn that PMP is my dream

electron 10-13-2009 09:37 AM

ooo, so maybe (maybe) we'll see a Samsung PMP with gapless, WiFi, and a standard USB connection?!? have I died and gone to heaven?!? :D

lebellium 11-09-2009 12:13 PM

If you remember I asked Korea to allow foreigners to sign up on EmoDio Korea since EmoDio Global is not updated anymore (so we cannot download UCIs and Applications)

Here is the last reply:
Quote:

Regarding Emodio, it is system issue, so not easy to fixed in short time.
I hope it will be fixed soon.

Coolvibes 12-15-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 396162)
Solve the EmoDio problem (only Koreans can download UCI themes)

I'm So glad you meantioned this is so anoying that the best part of emodio (the korean one) we that has no korean passport cannot acess

Would be much better just to merge the english and korean into one big
and then have a option that just change language but same content
or... make the english login work on the korean one

or better still remove the login/register all together and let anyone download without login or register.
And the speed realy need to be imporved on emodio

One thing you should mention when seeing samsung Team again
is UCI for M1 we need uci themes for M1 :)

Coolvibes 12-15-2009 05:56 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 413501)
If you remember I asked Korea to allow foreigners to sign up on EmoDio Korea since EmoDio Global is not updated anymore (so we cannot download UCIs and Applications)

Here is the last reply:
[/FONT]

And M1 not even has UCI
yea the problem with emodio korea (that everyone want to acess)
is even if you can translate to korean you cannot register without a legal korean real passport.
I see no point in the best emodio stuff being limited just to korea
when players are avaible worldwide
and if non-korean emodio is no longer updated it only work for the P2
and by now everyone own either a P3 a R1 or a M1 or they will soon

I know for sure there is so many stuff on emodio korea that is better than the english emodio

There is however one problem that need to be pointed out
as for UCI themes some Korean uci themes will NOT work on english firmware players like p2 if the uci theme have the tittle in korean
this need to be solved somehow so we can download anything
but still if we could download some of the korean emodio i still be more than happy.

Emodio korea for everyone :D

BramDB 04-23-2010 12:08 PM

Did you recently had another meeting, lebellium?

trip^ 07-13-2010 05:07 PM

i would also be interested.

lebellium 07-14-2010 03:58 AM

No other meeting. And I don't think there will be another one again