abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft Zune (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Zune HD App Suggestions (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47402)

Pterodactylism 09-15-2009 03:49 PM

Zune HD App Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS
We're not announcing any more titles at this point, but don't be afraid to start a thread/poll/list of what you'd like to see - I will take notice (but no promises of course!).

This was posted a couple of hours ago by Dave, but it seems that no one has yet taken him up on his offer. So in this thread: apps that you would like to see on the device and that you think are viable. Feel free to repeat apps that other members have already suggested, as there may be a higher chance we will see certain apps in the future if interest is demonstrated by a large number of people.

Here's my list (forgive me if any of these exist or have been announced):

• E-mail client
  • Dictionary (and perhaps international dictionaries also)
  • Thesaurus
  • Calendar
  • Periodic Table of Elements
  • Notepad (preferably a notebook program like MS Office OneNote)
  • Full Word Processor
  • Alarm Clock

lessthanadam 09-15-2009 04:20 PM

You listed everything I want :)

Olley 09-15-2009 04:22 PM

- email client.
- email client.
- email client.

Machiventa 09-15-2009 04:24 PM

Sleep Timer
RSS Feed client
Digg updates

Dan12R 09-15-2009 04:26 PM

Bing app. Pandora (with buy/download from Zune Marketplace feature). Tetris. Some old LucasArts adventure games for when I get bored.

Machiventa 09-15-2009 04:27 PM

Last.fm
Slacker

engelke2009 09-15-2009 04:28 PM

I would like to see Pandora also. My #1 app that I REALLY want to have is Netflix. To be able to download and watch something in my Instant View queue would be great.

DaveMac-MS 09-15-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engelke2009 (Post 395467)
I would like to see Pandora also. My #1 app that I REALLY want to have is Netflix. To be able to download and watch something in my Instant View queue would be great.

I think you're asking for two different things - which is more important to you? Netflix or the ability to download and watch a movie?

Because you can download and watch a movie right now - and Netflix isn't a download technology, they stream (ie: to Xbox, etc...). Are you saying you'd want to stream movies to the device while in a wifi zone (but then not be able to continue the movie if outside a connected zone)?

Cheers, Dave.

joshjustin 09-15-2009 04:41 PM

+1 for Netflix streaming. That would be killer!

-Josh

OldMan 09-15-2009 04:47 PM

Here are the apps that I would like:
1. Weather App with Radar - It appears that the MSN App does not have radar.

2. Astronomy/planetarium App

3. Bible Reader App - Hopefully the NIV version.

There are several examples of each of these on the iTunes App store.

lostboykev 09-15-2009 04:52 PM

Email client
slacker
pandora
spotify spotify spotify!!!!!
FREEEEEE fully functional word processor

krighton 09-15-2009 05:01 PM

Youtube, Hulu, streaming Netflix, flash capabilities...without those it's going to be a rough ride. And yes, i'd want to stream Netflix while using wifi..most definately.....the ability to stream videos from the net is of PARAMOUNT importance. And i don't want to see that little quicktime logo come up that says you can't play a certain video (like from some news sources).

Pterodactylism 09-15-2009 05:18 PM

Yes, +9001 for Netflix instant-queue streaming.

husker91 09-15-2009 06:07 PM

flash capabilities is #1 on my list... youtube and etc are a must in todays world

Curiouss 09-15-2009 06:40 PM

Youtube App
Facebook App
GAMES
Windows Live Messenger App (with the ability to listen to music while on it and your pm would show the song you're listening to on the ZuneHD :D

kindarandomz 09-15-2009 06:51 PM

did someone say a drawing app? that would be nice.

JoshRead 09-15-2009 06:56 PM

1. Netflix Instant Watch
2. Word Processor
3. Youtube
4. Last.fm
5. IM App (Live Messenger is most likely, but AIM would be great.)
6. A drawing application (good idea, person above me)

krighton 09-15-2009 07:00 PM

not really an app...but....adding Video to the Zune Pass would make subscriptions go through the roof...trust me....an app that monitors police band radio also would be nice....sirius/xm compatiblity also (guess that would be a kick in the knees to HD radio though). Shortwave radio app. Make a deal with the BBC to carry their TV streaming.

McDougal 09-15-2009 07:26 PM

1. Facebook
2. Email Client
3. Word Processor

-McDougal

Jacoby420 09-15-2009 07:29 PM

Web radio app please. Not Pandora or last.fm. I just want something that will play internet radio streams from different radio stations that stream online.