abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show Off Your Gear (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   I have more MP3 players than I need. And I love it. (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46523)

Pierre 08-21-2009 03:18 PM

I have more MP3 players than I need. And I love it.
 
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...l/DSCF0171.jpg
Taken with an 8MP camera no less... just a very, very crap one, with a very crap photographer and those players all shut down their screens after about 10 secs which didn't help!

Anyway... D2+ 8GB with 8GB Sandisk card, Sony A729 (70 brand new shipped to me in the UK through Argos clearance!) and a Sansa clip 8GB. All of them sound GREAT but the D2 just takes the crown there. Fantastic player. I installed an iPhone style theme just because I could. Still having issues with cover art but otherwise it's a nice player, though the UI is very weird.
I have Sennheiser CX500s. I'd rather spend 150 on a new player than on new headphones... go figure.
So very budget (though very expensive stuff when you're a student!!) but I couldn't be happier just this second.

Marvin the Martian 08-21-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 386539)
Taken with an 8MP camera no less... just a very, very crap one, with a very crap photographer and those players all shut down their screens after about 10 secs which didn't help!

Anyway... D2+ 8GB with 8GB Sandisk card, Sony A729 (70 brand new shipped to me in the UK through Argos clearance!) and a Sansa clip 8GB. All of them sound GREAT but the D2 just takes the crown there. Fantastic player. I installed an iPhone style theme just because I could. Still having issues with cover art but otherwise it's a nice player, though the UI is very weird.
I have Sennheiser CX500s. I'd rather spend 150 on a new player than on new headphones... go figure.
So very budget (though very expensive stuff when you're a student!!) but I couldn't be happier just this second.

I don't think 3 is too many....I think 3 is just right. You just need to establish usage patterns for each player. I'm suddenly down to two players, and that's just not acceptable. I need to pick up a new 3rd player:)

Dreamnine 08-21-2009 04:06 PM

For me I know that 1 isn't enough, 3 is too many, and 2 is spot on.

ivocado 08-21-2009 04:07 PM

Nice! I have the Clip and D2+ also, they're both great players!

Marvin the Martian 08-21-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivocado (Post 386563)
Nice! I have the Clip and D2+ also, they're both great players!

I sold my Fuze, but kept my Clip....it's so convenient. I think I could be really happy with a D2+, it would round out my collection nicely....just a little too much $$ for me right now. :o

rangel28 08-21-2009 04:15 PM

I have way too many as well, but as I tell my wife, I don't hang out in bars, and I don't cheat on her, so she shouldn't complain. :D

Marvin the Martian 08-21-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangel28 (Post 386568)
I have way too many as well, but as I tell my wife, I don't hang out in bars, and I don't cheat on her, so she shouldn't complain. :D

Just make sure you have fewer mp3 players than your wife has pairs of shoes:D

The DarkSide 08-21-2009 05:47 PM

I personally have have an S9, Q2, and a clip. I have another dap on the way, and I'm selling a Zune 120. Some on this site have quite a few more players, so it's all about what's best for you actually. For me, 2-4, depending on my mood.

Olley 08-21-2009 05:55 PM

I'm not even going to tell how many I have lest the wife finds out. ;)

JK98 08-21-2009 07:23 PM

I like my Fuze better than my Clip. I think it would be cool to have a Fuze and a D2+. I could then just pop a card out of the Fuze, into an adapter, then into the D2+ if I felt like it.

curiouswonderer 08-21-2009 09:52 PM

Pfff, how's three too many?

I have a Fuze, a D2, and a P2. My P2 is completely broken, and my D2 has a crack in the touchscreen...

I also have 4 pairs of headphones, Senn. CX300, UE Metrofi 150, Shure 1XX (don't rmbr the exact serial number), and a pair of overhead Sony headphones.

Right now, i really want another "upper class" player, like S9 or Zune HD :p

a_tumiwa 08-22-2009 05:42 AM

i think its hard for me to keep only 3 players :( , i am sad when i sell my player...

Tommifier 08-22-2009 04:04 PM

I'm in high school and I only have the money for one player at a time...I'm jealous when I see you guys with 3+ players and super-awesome headphones....though I guess my setup isn't exactly what one would call crap.

curiouswonderer 08-23-2009 12:39 AM

I'm in high school too. I just buy one every year or so with money that I saved up from work :p

Edit: I meant 4 headphones not 5. I'm sure everyone but has already figured that out...

matt9282 08-23-2009 10:00 AM

I'm also in high school and 2 is good for me. 1 for everyday school use, and one for running/workingout.

Pierre 08-25-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommifier (Post 386873)
I'm in high school and I only have the money for one player at a time...I'm jealous when I see you guys with 3+ players and super-awesome headphones....though I guess my setup isn't exactly what one would call crap.

I just graduated from uni and I'm making 300 euros a month, full time work internship ;) You need to find the good deals (I got my Sony for 70, about two thirds of the normal price) and sometimes please yourself if you can.

Gagga 09-19-2009 04:57 PM

any amount will do for me!

ILuvGurlsWifGlasses 09-25-2009 10:09 PM

I say, the more the better. Though, the more mp3's, the thinner the wallet becomes.

Geraldo35 09-26-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangel28 (Post 386568)
I have way too many as well, but as I tell my wife, I don't hang out in bars, and I don't cheat on her, so she shouldn't complain. :D

Exactly....Luckily, my wife loves music as much as I do (we met in a gentleman's club, btw), so when I order a new player, she doesn't get too upset.

In fact, of all the players listed in my sig, 2 of them are officially hers; the Zunes. The others are my "toys". I'm sure I have others tucked away in rarely looked drawers, but those listed are my main players at the moment...

Biohazard 11-18-2009 09:41 AM

I'm so jealous of you guys, I only have a battered 8gb Sansa Clip.
Typically I just spend my cash on a new HD camcorder and THEN I found the Zune HD...need to save up AGAIN! :mad:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.