abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cowon S9 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   corrupted mp3s anyone? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41822)

yoosanlicious 04-04-2009 12:32 PM

corrupted mp3s anyone?

so ive had my s9 for while
and everything was fine until last week
i came across a song, called it 'A', that was 'corrupted'
like from 0:00 until, lets say 2:34 it was the song 'A' playing fine
then from 2:35 it jumped to another song, song 'B', without actually changing the song.. the title, album art stay the same
like the second song was actually mixed into the first song

so i thought it was just song 'A' that was messed up
so i replaced it
then in song 'B'
there was a part of song 'A'

i mean it happen out of blue PAAFFF like that
cuz i listen to those songs alot and before last week everything was fine
so i was wondering if anyone had a clue..:confused::confused:

Checkmate 04-06-2009 05:43 PM

how about replace the song A with the A from the original source?

Olley 04-06-2009 06:07 PM

When files get corrupted, it's usually due the the file system getting corrupted. This happens when the S9 is unplugged from the PC or Mac while it's still in use. The fix is to either re-format the S9 from the PC or mac, or look at property/info and the tools to see if the PC can find and fix errors. Then be much more careful when unplugging the S9. Eject it or "safely remove hardware", or at least make sure there is no open folder/directory with the S9 listed in it before unplugging it.

yoosanlicious 04-07-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkmate (Post 344850)
how about replace the song A with the A from the original source?

i did that to both A and B
and A still get corrupted like now the player freeze when im trying to seek time..
on the player screen time line.. like if i use the hardware buttons its fine
its only when i press the time line on the screen that it freeze the player o.O

okay i admit that when i unplug it from my pc i dont always do `safely remove hardware`thing
but i do it in my mac(running leopard)[aka CMD+E]
and it was like that..

do you think that a firmware reinstall could help??
cuz i notice that also the problem happened after i installed FW 1.10(not the beta one)
and i kept doing the same things as before.. eject and all..

Checkmate 04-07-2009 02:01 PM

You don't have to always use "Safely remove device option", in fact, personally I've never used those option, and have no problem at all. (I set all of my removable device as "Optimized for quick removal"). But you should pay more attention to the file transferring activities.

Let's delete both file. Unplug the S9, then turn it on, confirm that both file in the S9 is gone, then reconnect the S9, and copy both file again, eject, and see if the problem occurs.

*Make sure the source file is not corrupt, or if possible, re-encode the source file.

dfkt 04-07-2009 03:05 PM

You can use Teracopy instead of Explorer's copy mechanism... it seamlessly integrates in Explorer, it's safer and faster - and free.

yoosanlicious 04-07-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkmate (Post 345105)
Let's delete both file. Unplug the S9, then turn it on, confirm that both file in the S9 is gone, then reconnect the S9, and copy both file again, eject, and see if the problem occurs.

personally i dont safely remove hardware on my pc neither
but on mac i realised that if i done eject, it mess up the player

and i did that like i erased both songs 'A' and 'B'
then i copy them back from a backup hard drive
'A' is still screw up

ill try to format it tomorrow
do you have an idea of whats going on?
i mean is it hardware problem or only firmware/software/system problem
cuz like i said it only happened after i upgraded to 1.10KR

Checkmate 04-07-2009 07:13 PM

A lot of thing could be happen from such symtomp, that including a corrupted firmware, or a corrupted/messed up encoded source file.

Can't explain much at this point... we will just try to solve it nicely, and no one got hurt :D

Checkmate 04-07-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt (Post 345117)
You can use Teracopy instead of Explorer's copy mechanism... it seamlessly integrates in Explorer, it's safer and faster - and free.

Since I trust dfkt, I'm gonna give Teracopy a try :D

aki 04-08-2009 06:41 AM

I downloaded it too, and it is pretty good, but it doesn't close itself when finished :/

iPoo 04-08-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aki (Post 345302)
I downloaded it too, and it is pretty good, but it doesn't close itself when finished :/

It does with me... or did I just imagine that?

You sure it's like this:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4397/abcrbm.jpg

dfkt 04-08-2009 07:44 AM

Mine closes (XP SP3)... not sure why it would stay open on your computer. There's no option to enable/disable that behavior.

iPoo 04-08-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt (Post 345323)
There's no option to enable/disable that behavior.

Yes there is, see my post above. When I select shutdown it'll shut my pc down (good for a copy that'll take ages)

dfkt 04-08-2009 07:51 AM

Ah right... that's silly. :) I was looking in the options menu for that feature. Never really looked at the transfer window buttons.

yoosanlicious 04-08-2009 06:21 PM

okay today i went to format my s9
so i made a new folder to backup the files from my s9 on my pc desktop instead of my mac.. to be sure not to get problems..
so when i tried to copy some music files
i had a warning on 3 or 4 music files saying

"an unexpected error is preventing the operation. make a note of this error, which might be useful if you get additional help
to resolve this problem

error 0x80070570: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

so then i went to the remaining folders containing on my s9
and i tried to delete the files one by one
but they kept coming back o.O
like the file would be 0(zero)kb
but everytime i delete it
it would come back.. i couldnt even delete the folder

but anyways i did a complete format of it

any clue on the 0x80070570
i google it
and it might be related to vista o.O
since all forums post i found this problem
they were related to vista
also i was wondering if anybody something that would check the flash memory
like the SMART thing on a hard drive

Checkmate 04-08-2009 10:00 PM

could be a virus, or a worm

aki 04-10-2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoo (Post 345322)
It does with me... or did I just imagine that?

You sure it's like this:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4397/abcrbm.jpg

Maybe it is just that it (sometimes) doesn't close immediately after being at 100.00% , but after 10 seconds or so, and i am not that patient so I close it manually and I think it doesn't close itself.
Still I like it better than windows copier :D

peter45 02-24-2012 06:29 PM

I have the same problem as yoosanlicious - post 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a J3 and uploaded a few videos. It seems I didn't Safely Remove Hardware because now I have a file with zero length in the Video folder, that refuses to be deleted. When I do a delete it seems to go through but when I come back to the folder, it is still there. The Video folder also cannot be deleted.
yoosanlicious has overcome the problem by doing what he/she calls "a complete format of it". I don't know what a complete format is or how to do it.
The error message and code is: an unexpected error is preventing the operation. make a note of this error, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem
Error 0x80070570: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
Could anyone please help?

!"$%^&*( 03-01-2012 04:01 PM

Formatting your player will basically wipe your players memory clean and then rebuild the the system from firmware. So make sure you back up anything you don't want to loose before you format!

A thread on how to format the S9 can be found here: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...ghlight=format