Thinking of getting a 405 today and have?????
I just purchased the Cowon D2 and am a little disappointed with it. Mainly the 4000 file limit, not being able to create and save playlist and the sorry random play function.
I did a little research but still have a few questions on the 405.
1. I have a 404 30GB and can create and save custom playlist, can i do the same on the 405?
2. Is there a file limit? If so what is it?
3. Do 32GB SDHC cards work?
4. Is the battery in the 405 the same as the 404?
5. When you connect the 405 to a PC using the mini USB cable does it show up as a hard drive and can you access the SDHC card in the 405?
I will problably sell both my 404 and my Cowon D2 to get the 405 when/if any of these questions are answered.
Thanks for any assistant.
2. Not that I am aware
3. I doubt it check archosfans.com SD compatibility
4. I really dont know but probably as the gen 4 & 5 were almost identical.
5. I am not too sure on this but I would think so - I dont have a 405 check with archosfans.com
New 405 owner
I just got my 405 last week so I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few:
1. Yes you can save custom playlists.
2. No file limit that I am aware of
3. Yes 32 GB cards are suppose to work in the 405
4. Not sure what the battery is on the 404, but the battery on the 405 is not removable and is suppose to be good for 15 hours music/ 5 hours video.
5. The 405 allows you to set the USB connection to either a Windows Media Player device which does not access the SD card, or as a hard drive which does allow SD card access.
Don't know what price you are seeing for the 405, but I just purchased mine from a site on Ebay for $72.99 with free shipping. The 405 I received was brand new in a sealed box.
One other thing, the 405 I purchased for $72.99 included an 8GB SD card.
Thanks for the answers
Yup I got the same one. Wow what a great deal. I am tempted to sell my 404 and buy another one for a back up. This is a great player. I just wish it was in a better form factor. The size of it keeps it from being my everyday pocket player though. I can't seem to find something to replace my Rockbox'ed Sansa e250. The 405 has become my #1 home and car player though.
Quick note on two things I love about the 405.
1. The ability to delete files very quickly while going through a playlist
2. The ease of starting a random all (everything on the player) session
Quick note on two things I wish the 405 did.
1. I wish I could set the player to auto resume on power on
2. I wish I could view albums by cover art.
All in all great player though.
where did you guys get it for that price
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.|