abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Headphones (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   IEMs for Iriver H10 - waiting for Audeo PFE :) (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39652)

Pytajnik 02-02-2009 12:03 PM

IEMs for Iriver H10 - waiting for Audeo PFE :)

Hello

I'm searching for an IEM which would work well with my Iriver H10. I listen mostly to rock music (original, acoustic and unplugged versions), little pop and chillout too.
My budget is unfortunately not big as it's ca. 140-150$.
I've got no previous experience with in ear monitors. I had almost all range of Senns MX line and currently own Koss Porta Pro's which I found good when it comes to sound but a little muddy and distant.
What IEMs would you recommend me?

dfkt 02-02-2009 01:34 PM

In that price range the Phonak Audéo PFE are currently the best bang for the buck, in my opinion. They might not have as much bass quantity as the Portapro's, but much better quality and precision over the whole frequency range. For your music taste they should work very well.

Pytajnik 02-02-2009 02:03 PM

Would combining Audeos and H10 cause any problems?
You say that the sound is better than in Porta Pros?

dfkt 02-02-2009 02:04 PM

1.) No, definitely not.
2.) Yes, certainly.

;)

Pytajnik 02-02-2009 02:56 PM

Hehe :)
My last concern before ordering Audeos ;)
When I mentioned the problems concerning pairing Phonaks and H10 I meant the sound level. Should it be satisfactory without an amp? I don't listen to loud music but Audeos have somewhat high impendace and low sensitivity as I saw on the manufacturers site...

dfkt 02-02-2009 03:06 PM

Yes, they're certainly quieter than many other IEMs, especially cheap ones that go for quantity over quality. I am fine with the SPL of the Phonaks on all my players, I listen at quiet volume levels as well - not sure about the H10, how loud of a player that is in reality. My Cowons and the Sansa Clip work fine with the Phonaks.

Pytajnik 02-05-2009 08:54 AM

After reading some more reviews here and on head-fi I have decided to go along with your suggestion and I've ordered Audeo PFE :)
I will have them on Saturday probably :)
I've managed to get a great steal-deal on them ;) I paid 85E and now it's time to wait.
Funny story about it is that I bought them through an audiologist. When I asked about Phonak Audeo PFE the man said that of course they have them in stock for a great price of 1150 Euros.. My eyes widened when I heard this price, but quickly realized that he must have confused the products and asked if he'd offered me hearing aids price or one for the earphones. He realized his mistake and laughed hard :D That sure had to be breathtaking for me, he said ;) He checked the phones availability and said that as I'm the first to order these phones he'll reduce the price for me :)
So the moral of this story is: If you want to order Audeo PFE, go and see your audiologist - he could take care of your hearing and your wallet :)