abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung P2 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   P2 won't start up, please help! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38765)

hack 01-11-2009 06:22 PM

P2 won't start up, please help!
 
Hello, I just purchased a P2 a couple weeks ago, and yesterday when I tried to turn it on, the led flashed a red light twice and the P2 logo comes up on the screen and some music plays, then the player just turns off. I don't know if it is the screen that comes up when the player comes on or the one that comes up when it turns off. It does this every time I try to turn it on. The battery is fully charged, and I am able to access the files when I plug it into my computer. I already tried updating the firmware, but it is still doing this.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Am I going to have to call Samsung?

attila_toth 01-12-2009 06:03 AM

It seems to me a battery problem.

fiveseconds 01-12-2009 03:01 PM

Are you charging your P2 with an USB/AC converter or your PC's USB port?

hack 01-12-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveseconds (Post 318771)
Are you charging your P2 with an USB/AC converter or your PC's USB port?

I'm charging it with my PC's usb port. The light turned green and the screen said "Fully Charged" when it was finished. I also plugged it into the USB port on my Xbox 360 to see what would happen, and right away the led turned green and the screen said Fully Charged. Would plugging it into a wall adapter make a difference? I've heard they were cheap, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out, wouldn't be as much of a hassle as trying to exchange it.

Olley 01-12-2009 10:38 PM

The green light indicates a full charge, so the next thing to consider is a corrupt firmware . Sometimes things can get mucked up if you unplug it from the PC while the PC is still talking to it. You might try reformatting it from the PC while plugged in. If your P2 was in "resume" mode on startup, then it could be as simple as a single corrupt file it's trying to play. Formatting will clear all debris out, after which there will be nothing to bother it when resuming. Since it's going to get rid of all media on the P2, you might first try simply deleting all the files first. If it starts up with no media files on board then it was a media file that was causing the problem.

hack 01-13-2009 11:26 AM

It worked! I deleted all the media files and then updated the firmware and now it works fine! Thanks everybody!

Olley 01-13-2009 12:50 PM

Hooray! Very glad to have helped. I love it when patience wins out over technology.

Renu 01-19-2009 06:45 PM

:S
 
I'm having trouble with my P2.. it works and all, but the screen does not show. As soon as i turn it on, the red light. Lights up, theres sound but the screen doesn't light up some one help me, please! :confused::mad::(

Tavo 06-07-2009 08:56 PM

^ I'm having the same problem...this is my second time. First time, I just got a new P2...sigh.

noob 07-15-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olley (Post 318948)
The green light indicates a full charge, so the next thing to consider is a corrupt firmware . Sometimes things can get mucked up if you unplug it from the PC while the PC is still talking to it. You might try reformatting it from the PC while plugged in. If your P2 was in "resume" mode on startup, then it could be as simple as a single corrupt file it's trying to play. Formatting will clear all debris out, after which there will be nothing to bother it when resuming. Since it's going to get rid of all media on the P2, you might first try simply deleting all the files first. If it starts up with no media files on board then it was a media file that was causing the problem.

how to reformat? just delete all the files on the p2? i've been searching but i cannot find how.

MojoPatrol 07-15-2009 03:16 PM

You know on windows explorer, right click on whatever drive the P2 is coming up as like if it's E: or F:

One of the right-click options should be reformat drive. Otherwise you can run chkdsk, but that's a bit more extreme.

noob 07-16-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoPatrol (Post 374593)
You know on windows explorer, right click on whatever drive the P2 is coming up as like if it's E: or F:

One of the right-click options should be reformat drive. Otherwise you can run chkdsk, but that's a bit more extreme.

took awhile to copy and recopy in backup files, but otherwise worked perfectly! my p2 is now bak to normal! thank you :)

Canessa 05-15-2010 09:36 AM

Hello..i have a similar problem.i use the samsung p2 to listen to music while driving.one night i stoped in front of a store , paused the player, went in, bought something, got back into the car.When i turned on the player nothing was visible anymore on the player's screen.I could hear the music but that's all.Got back to the house connected the player to the pc..deleted all the files reinstalled them,upgraded the program but to no result.I tried to format the player, i even tried the reset button.
before that night i would like to mention i just charged the baterry,when i left home it was full and i didn't install any upgrade.
Got any ideas sugestions for this? the player is still in guarentee but i don't want to go to the service if i can fix it myself..
Thanx a lot!

mokona91 05-18-2010 07:43 PM

Did you unlock your P2 ? There's a switch next to the play/pause button that you can slide up and down to lock your P2. Slide it down so it touches the play/pause button and it will unlock.

nightcrawler_ 05-30-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canessa (Post 471201)
Hello..i have a similar problem.i use the samsung p2 to listen to music while driving.one night i stoped in front of a store , paused the player, went in, bought something, got back into the car.When i turned on the player nothing was visible anymore on the player's screen.I could hear the music but that's all.Got back to the house connected the player to the pc..deleted all the files reinstalled them,upgraded the program but to no result.I tried to format the player, i even tried the reset button.
before that night i would like to mention i just charged the baterry,when i left home it was full and i didn't install any upgrade.
Got any ideas sugestions for this? the player is still in guarentee but i don't want to go to the service if i can fix it myself..
Thanx a lot!

See if you can update the firmware from the Samsung Website. Download the firmware, and there are two files you drag and drop onto it. I can't remember exactly how it's done because it's a while since I did it. Look on Youtube for how to do this


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.