abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft Zune (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   10 Reasons to Get a Zune Pass (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36639)

Cruleworld 11-20-2008 08:54 AM

10 Reasons to Get a Zune Pass

• You get Access to over 3 million tracks of music
  • It Costs about $12 for a CD so if you download more then a CD you get your monies worth in that month.
  • You get to download 10 DRM free songs per-a-month (these do not roll over from month to month)
  • You get to stream full length songs on your device and your computer via the marketplace
  • You can subscribe channels that are updated weekly
  • You get access to "Picks" based on what you play and what your friends play
  • It's only $14.99 a month (state taxes apply in some states)
  • Download music without having to buy MS points
  • Buy music that you hear on the radio.

DaveMac-MS 11-20-2008 09:04 AM

Two small corrections:

1) You get access to over 4MM tracks and growing
2) You get 10 credits towards purchasing tracks you've downloaded per month, which won't roll over each month.

Cheers, Dave.

The DarkSide 11-20-2008 09:29 AM

Nice, I may have to get my sub going!!!

dfkt 11-20-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruleworld (Post 301356)
New! You get to download 10 free DRM free songs per-a-month

Is the rest also DRM free, or the usual restrictive ripoff scam? The Zune Pass site of course doesn't mention this important detail.

FrododorF 11-20-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruleworld (Post 301356)
  • New! You get to download 10 free DRM free songs per-a-month

they are not "free" you are paying for them

Cruleworld 11-20-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS (Post 301359)
Two small corrections:

1) You get access to over 4MM tracks and growing
2) You get 10 credits towards purchasing tracks you've downloaded per month, which roll over each month. If you don't use them all this month, they'll accrue into the next, and so on...

Cheers, Dave.

1) You actually don't have access to download all 4 million tracks, as all tracks are not on zune pass.

2) They do not roll over

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuneinsider.com
One quick note: there is no roll-over, so make sure you collect your 10 tracks each month.

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2008/...s-to-keep.aspx

@DFKT The zune pass subscription music is DRM WMA tracks encoded at 192kbps. It will only let you sync it to the device not burning to CD or playing on other media players. So this DRM free music lets you get all the music on the device(s) of your choice and also lets you burn to a CD. The DRM-free songs come in MP3 256 kbps or 32kbps depending on the album.

@FrododorF I know there aren't "free" I'll change it.

EnzoTen 11-20-2008 11:24 AM

My post Zune vs Bittorrent. Its a good read if i may say so my self ;)

Ricardo Dawkins 11-20-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

@DFKT The zune pass subscription music is DRM WMA tracks encoded at 192kbps. It will only let you sync it to the device not burning to CD or playing on other media players. So this DRM free music lets you get all the music on the device(s) of your choice and also lets you burn to a CD. The DRM-free songs come in MP3 256 kbps or 32kbps depending on the album.
Zune Pass songs (subscription) can be transfered up to 3 Zunes or computers. You still can use these songs in PlaysforSure and Windows Mobile devices. You cant burn these songs to CDs.

The 10 songs credits are available for DRM protected WMA tracks and/or non-DRM MP3s. Depends on you what you get. You can burn these songs on CDs. the DRM protected WMA can be used PlaysforSure and Windows Mobile devices using WMP. Do whatever you want with the MP3s though.
http://www.insidethecircle.net/2008/...per-month.html

http://www.insidethecircle.net/2008/...-month_20.html

DaveMac-MS 11-21-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruleworld (Post 301385)
1) You actually don't have access to download all 4 million tracks, as all tracks are not on zune pass.

Well, there are well over 4MM tracks now in the system and the vast majority are available for downloading. However the credits towards purchase apply to the DTO catalog, not the download catalog, so those 4+MM tracks are available with this offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruleworld (Post 301385)
2) They do not roll over

Correct - my mistake. I edited my post above.

Cheers, Dave.

Kiva 05-27-2009 10:44 AM

with Zune Pass, if you dont resubscribe every month, do you still keep all the music you downloaded?

DaveMac-MS 05-27-2009 11:26 AM

If you cancel your subscription, your non-purchased music that you downloaded will not work after the subscription expires. However, each month you get to download 10 songs to keep, which are yours forever even if you cancel your subscription.

Cheers, Dave.

Kiva 05-27-2009 11:39 AM

so i have to keep paying every month to keep the music, other than the ten songs?!

dfkt 05-27-2009 11:46 AM

That's what he said.

Kiva 05-27-2009 11:56 AM

okay, main reason for me to not get zune pass. besides that, it sounds like a good deal. does anyone here actually have and like it (besides whoever started this thread)?

Cruleworld 05-27-2009 12:04 PM

I pay for it and I know Enzoten (the admin of the forum) has it and likes it.

Disclaimer I'm the one that started the thread...

Nicole 05-27-2009 12:17 PM

I would guess that most of the people who like it are people who listen heavily to current hits. It would allow them to listen to what they like a lot, save some favorites, and always be current. For this group, the subscription model makes more financial sense vs. purchasing individual tracks.

DaveMac-MS 05-27-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiva (Post 360245)
okay, main reason for me to not get zune pass. besides that, it sounds like a good deal. does anyone here actually have and like it (besides whoever started this thread)?

Hey Kiva - just to be clear, you were expecting that you could pay per month, and then keep all the music you had downloaded if you cancelled your subscription?

That definitely couldn't work. What would stop everyone from subscribing for a month, downloading a million tracks and then cancelling?

Cheers, Dave.

Kiva 05-27-2009 12:40 PM

haha, yea i guess i was. maybe they should make a 1 yr subscription card, like they did for xbox live. i really only use online stores for those rare songs i cant find anywhere else anyways.

p0ke37 01-17-2010 07:31 PM

I've been thinking about getting a zune pass, this list has persuaded me even more

Cruleworld 01-17-2010 08:34 PM

Try it for a month, if you don't like it your out $16.04 (with tax, but that may be more or less where you live) and you will have up to 10 more songs.