abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creative (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How Are Creative's Refurb Players? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33263)

Chuck 08-28-2007 06:59 AM

Creative has refurbished mp3 players on sale - with warranty

Creative is selling refurbished mp3 players at quite decent prices.
e.g.: 140 euro for ZEN Vision M

http://europe.creative.com/shop/welc...tegory=125#125

found this info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055140698
I am tempted to get zen nano, wish they had 1 gb

mysticstylez 08-11-2008 03:28 PM

How Are Creative's Refurb Players?

Saw a V Plus 2gb on their site for 30 bucks, which wouldnt be bad for a gym player. However has anyone had any negative experience with them?

no9 08-14-2008 06:23 PM

I've bought a 20g Dell Pocket DJ, a Zen Stone, and a 6g Micro. All came in 1A brand new condition and are still running. The DJ has been going for 6 months and the Stone for 2 and the micro for 9 months. Also had friends buy a ZVM, Pocket DJ, 4 different Micros all of which came the same way and are still running. They ship pretty quick and everything was great. Only problem I had was the charger was wrong on the DJ. I'll definitly buy their refurbs again and recommend it to friends almost daily.

BlaqReaper 08-15-2008 01:18 AM

I had a V Plus and it wasn't bad. There was a noticeable scratch on the screen, but otherwise, the player was good.

sockatume 12-18-2008 12:12 PM

I got a refurb MuVo recently, wear wasn't much worse than it'd get from a week in my pockets. Certainly not "as new", but well-treated.

JunglePimp 12-21-2008 03:24 AM

Refurbs are more like a chance you take, although the probability of product turning out to be crappy is less.

If you are short on bucks by a huge margin, then i might suggest refurbs, else, not something I would hole heartedly recommend.

BobbyRS 12-21-2008 10:37 AM

Creative has a good history of providing good condition refurb players on a consistant basis. One of the better manufactures in this regard.

FTN 12-23-2008 08:49 AM

I actually bought a creative M a few weeks ago, but let me tell you, I don't know how I feel about it yet. It has some scratches on the screen and buttons area, normal wear and tear if you were to keep the player in your pocket for a few weeks.

With that said, it still feels like the adopted child, that I can't love like my Creative W :) maybe because I wasn't the one to put the scratches on the player. Overall, it sounds like it plays the music and videos alright, but a there's a little clicking sound from the hard drive (don't know if that is normal or not)

BobbyRS 12-23-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTN (Post 311531)
but a there's a little clicking sound from the hard drive (don't know if that is normal or not)

Hard drives will click and make some noise even if they good and working. It's in their nature.

kurrehpan 02-06-2009 09:43 PM

i bought a 2gig zen stone refurbished for $17.99 and it works

JunglePimp 02-09-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurrehpan (Post 326949)
i bought a 2gig zen stone refurbished for $17.99 and it works

Thats hella cheap mate, and well good choice too.

Have a nice time with your player. :D

BobbyRS 02-09-2009 08:27 AM

In Stock for $17.99 from Creative. :)

Mehaha 03-11-2009 11:54 PM

just got my zen 30gb refurb and guaranteed quality my as$.

it goes from fully battery to low battery in literally 30 seconds and then stays on the low battery screen forever.

please help? :(

BobbyRS 03-13-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehaha (Post 336987)
it goes from fully battery to low battery in literally 30 seconds and then stays on the low battery screen forever.

Sounds like you need a new battery. You can either consider returning for another ZVM with a working battery or purchase a new battery and replace yourself. See here.

JunglePimp 03-16-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehaha (Post 336987)
just got my zen 30gb refurb and guaranteed quality my as$.

I wonder how long it lasts on the low battery mode though.

FTN 11-24-2009 07:59 PM

Hey guy,

My refurbished zen M lasted about a little over a year. Strange thing happened, hard drive stopped working one day, and it was never dropped or abused or anything like that.

I paid $100 but I don't know if it was worth it for a year of use.

skybluedream 10-29-2010 09:19 AM

I'm looking at the ZEN refurbished 16 gig from Amazon....

But judging by Creative's track-record lately with their players I'm very hesitant....to buy it...not to mention the ZEN suffering from the WSOD makes my decision even more worse!

kurrehpan 11-19-2010 04:05 PM

Woah! Over a year ago, I told you guys that I bought the Zen stone for 17.99. It still works, but I got a Sony and only use the stone for emergencies (like recently when my Sony S738 was stolen).

Random note: I've had lots experience with Creative (I had one of the earliest MuVos... 512 MB memory - a Zen Mini - a Zen V Plus - and a Stone). And each player had it's major flaws for me, but I continued to buy them because I liked Creative and their interface and sound quality. If any of you are looking to ditch Creative, I'd go with a Sony! They're a perfect blend of reliability, quality, and user friendliness.