abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa e200 General (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Bricked e280r, the fixes arent working! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26866)

cageddingo 02-29-2008 01:56 AM

Bricked e280r, the fixes arent working!

I've got a Sansa e280r. Had the usual problem with a corrupted file, was able to enter recovery mode etc. Tried everything but the e200 software since I don't run Linux.

The problem now is that when I disconnect from USB the player won't reset itself. It just hangs after "Safe to Disconnect USB (next line) Exit USB2.0 MSD mode"

I've tried eeeeeverything I could find the Sandisk forums as well as here but I can't find any solutions.

Not to sound like a whiney noob, but pleeeeease help! The frustration is overwhelming!

advcomp2019 02-29-2008 02:42 AM

Have you tried one of our ultimate fixes but using the e200R firmware? Plus are you sure it is an e200R?

cageddingo 03-04-2008 12:31 AM

Yep...

Tested every ultimate/super/miracle fix I could find, with no success. Regardless of what file(s) are transferred to the 16MBFORMAT drive, the sansa freezes up at the "Safe to Disconnect USB / Exit USB2.0 MSD mode" message. No go after that until a hard-reset (holding power button for 10-15 seconds). After reboot, the only on the drive is a corrupted version.txt file that looks like this:

Version Info: Product Rev.:                                                          

r╔┬iЫ=х┴ИCуг|
Base Code:           

Starting to think I'll have to resort to an RMA, but would really prefer not to...

advcomp2019 03-04-2008 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are sure it is a e200R, here is clean version.txt for an e200R.

KRONOS 03-04-2008 07:30 AM

Send it back.

eagledrc 09-30-2008 04:17 PM

Hey I have the same problem, and I pasted the new version.txt into the player on recovery mode, but when I reboot the player, it still can't boot and it still has the same version.txt when I reconnect. How can I fix the version.txt? I am convinced that that is the problem - I have posted a forum here, but now I know that it's the version.txt.

advcomp2019 09-30-2008 05:37 PM

Eagledrc, I have seen you in Rockbox IRC at times. You might have to wait till someone gets you the file that you need.

hassanzia 07-15-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cageddingo (Post 223770)
Tested every ultimate/super/miracle fix I could find, with no success. Regardless of what file(s) are transferred to the 16MBFORMAT drive, the sansa freezes up at the "Safe to Disconnect USB / Exit USB2.0 MSD mode" message. No go after that until a hard-reset (holding power button for 10-15 seconds). After reboot, the only on the drive is a corrupted version.txt file that looks like this:

Version Info: Product Rev.:                                                          

r╔┬iЫ=х┴ИCуг|
Base Code:           

Starting to think I'll have to resort to an RMA, but would really prefer not to...

i have the same version file i've tried everything im planing on throwing it out:cool: