abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show Off Your Gear (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   I have more MP3 players than I need. And I love it. (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46523)

The DarkSide 04-29-2011 06:04 PM

Yup!!! :D

lestatar 04-30-2011 01:35 AM

TDS, and esantosh...

Bad news - finally had a chance to hit some techie places in HK. That Nationite Cube does not appear to be generally available in HK.

Hit like 10 places and no dice.

Seems like only in China from what folks have told me. HK market is increasingly less interested in pure DAPs, looking for more stuff like PMPs and music on smartphones.

Sorry guys...Seems the only pure DAPs in HK these days are Sonys, Philips, a few Apple ipod style clone ripoffs, some Cowons, Archos and that's pretty much it.

But I did play with the Archos 32 and 43 - pretty damm sweet devices.

The DarkSide 04-30-2011 12:53 PM

Thanks for taking the time to search for us lestatar, and not really a big deal for me atm. I just got my galaxy tab, I'm unloading some players, and I'm good to go. My next dap/pmp purchase wont be for sometime - I'm just getting better hp's and praying for a high-res Cowon X7 to hit the market.

Still, thanks bro,...

lestatar 04-30-2011 05:17 PM

No worries mon ami...Sorry I can't report better news. I would have been glad to work something out for you guys...

<sigh> Tough DAP field out in HK. Sandisk? No one has even heard of it here it seems...

lebellium 04-30-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestatar (Post 551728)
mon ami

LOL I did not know this one...
Voilą! C'est la vie! I would even say, it's deja vu! Ok I have to leave you now, time to go to my rendez vous!

You're still so funny you Americans :D

edit: hum I'm sorry for the off-topic but I could not resist :rolleyes:

BTW, you did not see Samsung DAPs in HK? They are supposed to be available there...

The DarkSide 04-30-2011 10:01 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot - I also sold my Sony S639,... ;)

lestatar 05-01-2011 02:44 AM

@lebellium: lol...I always enjoy mangling foreign languages whenever I get the chance. ;)

Samsung DAPs: Indeed...I did omit them. A few of them are here in the bigger electronics stores.

esanthosh 05-01-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestatar (Post 551663)
TDS, and esantosh...

Bad news - finally had a chance to hit some techie places in HK. That Nationite Cube does not appear to be generally available in HK

Thanks for the search, lestatar.

Anyways, I got the Nanite N2, which is the same as Cube C30. Sony is one brand which is not represented in my collection yet. May be I should get one of them this year ;)

The DarkSide 05-01-2011 07:51 AM

I'd die for a 64gb non-EU volume capped Sony dap,... ***sigh***

Marvin the Martian 05-19-2011 04:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Time for an update! At last report, I had an 8GB Clip+, an 8+16GB Clip+, an 8GB Cowon i9, an 8+32GB Cowon D2, a 16GB Sony S639, and(always popular here) a 32GB iPod Touch 4G.

Since then, a friend from another forum has succumbed to the iPod persuasion completely, and sent me his last non-iPod from across the pond...a Samsung U5 4GB. Quite the ballsy sounding little player, I must say.

lestatar 05-19-2011 06:36 AM

^ dude. U get more stuff from peeps online than anyone I know.

What. Is. Your. Secret? ;)

Surely it can't be your charm and good looks.

And I think we are overdue for a full-blown Marvin the Martian review around here. With pics of course!

Congrats and enjoy :)

Marvin the Martian 05-19-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestatar (Post 554679)

Surely it can't be your charm and good looks.

And I think we are overdue for a full-blown Marvin the Martian review around here. With pics of course!

Congrats and enjoy :)

I am a charming fellow, I dare say......but it certainly is not my looks.:cool:

As far as a full blown review, I dunno, maybe one of these days....I drop my impressions here and there in posts fairly often, but there's some pretty high standards on this site for full reviews, and I would want to try to measure up to that if I was to do a full review. Sooner or later, I'll give it a whirl, but it most likely won't be on a discontinued player like the U5, the D2, or the S639...if I was to do one I would try it on a current device.:)

copeys 05-19-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestatar (Post 554679)

Yeah, soon he'll have to be the one giving away the stuff because there will be nowhere to store it!!! ;) :D

Marvin the Martian 05-19-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copeys (Post 554695)
Yeah, soon he'll have to be the one giving away the stuff because there will be nowhere to store it!!! ;) :D

Well, I do have someone interested in one of my Clip+'s....but most likely I won't be buying any players or headphones for a bit, since I just ordered a camera. Not an epic, awesome camera, but one that is an upgrade from what I had....http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...PIX-S3000.html :)

dgb52 05-20-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 554711)
Well, I do have someone interested in one of my Clip+'s....but most likely I won't be buying any players or headphones for a bit, since I just ordered a camera. Not an epic, awesome camera, but one that is an upgrade from what I had....http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...PIX-S3000.html :)

Nikon makes nice cameras. I have this one. What i like the most about is that it takes AA batteries

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...OLPIX-L20.html

Marvin the Martian 05-20-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgb52 (Post 554976)
Nikon makes nice cameras. I have this one. What i like the most about is that it takes AA batteries

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...OLPIX-L20.html

This is what I currently have, for the last 3 years....COOLPIX-L11

I'm actually looking forward to getting away from the AA batteries. With this one, to save the batteries, I would always pop the SD card out and put it into the card reader on my printer to get the pics onto my computer, instead of using the USB cable....now, the mechanism that is supposed to catch the SD card when you insert it is worn out, and I have to reply on the outer latch to hold the SD card in place.

The S3000 that I am getting has an internal lithium-ion battery, which gets its charge from either an AC adapter, or the USB cable....so I can leave the card I've ordered right inside the camera so that the mechanical issue that afflicted my old camera will not come into play. And as opposed to the 2GB class 2 SD card in the old camera, I have a 4GB class 10 SDHC coming for the new one.

nodirectionhome 05-21-2011 06:52 AM

My update - I have 4 DAPS - a Cowon J3 32+16Gb, the top dog (although I haven't used it as much as I will, yet) - The Sony s754 - great player with playlists, tru-black screen and 50hr battery - The Samnung tic-toc (s1) , an tiny DAP with LEDS, and a quirky one button and accelerometer control. And I have ny Clip+.

Recently I tidied up the Clip+, updated Rockbox and cleaned it out, added a new theme - now just an 8Gp player but almost an exact copy of the files and playlists and EQ of the S754.

And my phone with its PowerAmp functionality.

Marvin the Martian 05-30-2011 01:36 PM

Update time! The Clip+ that had no card is gone......leaving me with an 8+16GB Clip+(rockboxed), an 8GB Cowon i9, an 8+32GB Cowon D2, a 16GB Sony S639, the always popular 32GB iPod Touch 4G(with Equalizer app) and the Samsung U5 4GB.

RaduSpeedy 06-02-2011 06:49 AM

Here are my three musketeers

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...pictureid=2177

WalkGood 06-02-2011 07:27 AM

RaduSpeedy nice gear :) are the bands on the x5 holding it together or are they for an unseen portable amp?