abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show Off Your Gear (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   I have more MP3 players than I need. And I love it. (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46523)

coachop94 12-05-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachop94 (Post 501615)
I've given away 2 more players recently so I'm down to under 20 players.

Ok they seem to multiply like rabbits.I've givin away another player but, have acquired 3 more.:rolleyes: They may haul me off to "electronics rehab" soon

The DarkSide 12-05-2010 05:12 PM

Well, I could have more, but I tend to go for the pricier models - so I purchase fewer. If the capacity were greater on the cheaper models I'd have a major stash!!!

IDvsEGO 12-06-2010 08:07 AM

I have a couple more now...and one that I would be ashamed of if it weren't for the price I got it at...free. I will let you guys guess which one I am talking about

Sansa clip 4gb
Sansa Fuze+ 8gb
Zune 120gb
Cowon J3
Cowon x5 --> needs new headphone board, CF card
Creative Zen Vision M 20gb
Creative Zen Vision M 60gb -->needs new mobo
Ipod touch (3rd gen) 16gb

follow up question...do you guys have separate 'phones for each mp3 player?

Not as long of a list as some on here, but I like it.

Olley 12-06-2010 09:02 AM

I have far too many, and I still love it. ;)

nodirectionhome 12-06-2010 09:31 AM

i wanted a J3 but couldn't really afford it, i now have a clip+ and an i9 for not much money at all and I'm happy with them. I have my laptop for movies and my phone as a backup mp3 player also.

splashback 02-08-2011 11:53 PM

i honestly don't need all these and some are very old and some very new but i think i'm done with this phase of DAP collecting. oops, its not clear picture on purpose so someone doesn't try to use it on ebay or something to rip folks off
but i'll list from left to right on which is which, if i can remember.

iriver s10 2gb ~ sandisk sansa clip+ 8gb ~ latte m2 8gb ~ mobiblu s7 4gb ~ iriver t8 4gb ~ sony mz-n10 [yeah its a minidisc]

apple ipod 4th gen i think its 40gb [thanks to this site i discovered what rockbox is and did it to this ipod] ~ apple ipod classic 160gb 5th gen [the first gen of the classic] ~ apple itouch 8gb 4th gen ~ iriver e150 4gb ~ sandisk sansa fuze+ 8gb ~ iriver s100 8gb

no headphones cause i'm not too big on them. some of the players i got had really crappy ones so i use these old-ass panasonic earbuds i've had for like 6-7 years and still sound decent to my ears but in general, as long it doesn't have a hallowed sound and its clear then its good to me........i did order some pineapple rumble z's but will have to wait a few weeks for them to tell yall if they're actually good or not.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3500/dabcollect.jpg

lestatar 02-09-2011 12:04 AM

^ Good stuff man! And they look well loved and well-used - I am sure they have given you endless hours of musical pleasure :D

coachop94 02-09-2011 01:52 AM

I just may have to gather up all of my DAP's for a "photo-op" :) soon as I find the camera

GFC56 02-09-2011 06:58 AM

My collection

Black 16 GB Zune HD Great looks and SQ
8GB Ipod touch 4G gets daily use for watching videos and playing games
Black Sony S738F was my first mp3 player. Awesome SQ
Black Sony A828
Black Sony A728
Black Sony A729 brand new.
Violet Sony A815
Red Sony S615F
Red Sony S638F
Silver and Orange Sony S639F
Silver and Orange Sony S638F
Black 8GB Sansa Fuze use this player a lot for music
Blue 4GB Samsung S3 my least liked player

All my devices are in new condition because I keep them protected in cases. Many I almost never use.

Marvin the Martian 02-09-2011 07:27 AM

Mine are all in my sig, but here's the breakdown....
Clip+ 8+16GB-wide variety of tunes, approx 22GB worth, for portable use.

Clip+ 8GB-the trance player, both for at-work use and sometimes portable use.

Fuze V1 8+16GB-wide variety of tunes, approx 22GB worth, strictly for at work use, because the Clip+ form factor is so much better in the real world. All three Sansa players running Rockbox 3.7.1 to replace the "meh" OF.:D

Cowon i9 8GB-an assortment of favorite artists, so far mostly used at home.

iPod Touch 4G 32GB- (used for this post)
Approx 25GB of tunes, one 720p video conversion of a Diana Krall DVD(great on the retina display), and 20-odd apps and games. I'm hooked on "Zombie Trailer Park" right now. :D

lestatar 02-09-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachop94 (Post 536246)
I just may have to gather up all of my DAP's for a "photo-op" :) soon as I find the camera

lol. Oh coachop94! We are still waiting for those pics you promised. You recall, the one you said your daughter refused to allow you to take?

The...ummm...creative use of the clip on your Clip+ to attach to your clothing? :p;):D

JayC_783 02-09-2011 10:40 AM

Here's my three. I don't have nearly as much as other people here. I'm actually rather relieved because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the two I actually use. I thought two was too much. :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._0766small.jpg

Don't mind my ugly desk. It's old as the hills, but solid. It's not like the cheap particle board that most are now-a-days.

Anyway, I started out with the GPX MW3837 (1GB). It was given to me a few years ago. I got fed up with it when the battery seemed to go dead when I wasn't using it almost as fast as when I was using it.

After the GPX I ordered the Sony E345 last May. It is 16GB and I got it for a good price on Amazon ($70 with free shipping). I still really like it and am looking at IEMs to add to it. The thing I dislike the most about the E345 is it scratches easily. I haven't really used it all that much and it has scratches all over it. Drives me crazy. The Zen doesn't have a scratch anywhere on it.

My latest player is the Creative Zen X-Fi2 (8GB) that I ordered back around the end of October. I really don't know why I ordered it. Just wanted to, I guess. I really like it, but I think I am sold more on Sony than Creative. Once these two wear out, I think my next player will be another Sony.

When I got the Sony I thought the included earbuds were ok, but that is because I never had anything to compare them to before. Once I got the Zen, I was shocked how well it sounded. I put the EP630 IEMs in my E345 as a comparison to the E345 earbuds. I was blown away. After reading more on IEMs, I think my next pair will be some Sennheiser CX300 Mk IIs. I was going to order another pair of EP630s, but after reading on IEMs I think I want to give the Sennheisers a try.

The black thing in the corner of the picture is a cell phone case. I discovered it works perfectly for the Zen, and will protect it better than the official Creative one will. Just a thought if anyone has a Zen X-Fi2.

Marvin the Martian 02-09-2011 10:45 AM

JayC, I never had an X-fi2, but I did have that Sony you have....nice sounding player!

The DarkSide 02-09-2011 11:54 AM

I have an Archos 70 on the way. When it gets here I'ma gonna take a group pic of all my players,.....

WalkGood 02-09-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 536317)
I have an Archos 70 on the way. When it gets here I'ma gonna take a group pic of all my players,.....

About time ;) heh, looking forward to seeing the big collection.

Marvin the Martian 02-09-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DarkSide (Post 536317)

The flash model or the 250GB hard drive?

Anyways, here's a couple of group shots.....first, with the Equalizer app visible on the Touch, with the "Grado" setting.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...pictureid=2007

And then with the EQu app visible, with the setting for my Pioneer headphones.....

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...pictureid=2008

With that setting, or using some Mach3Bass and EQ on the i9, the Pioneers can make me feel like I am at a nightclub with a great sound system. They do sound good with the Clip+ too, but I think the i9 and Touch have a little bit more output power. With my other headphones, I don't notice the difference though.

Frankly, I haven't even used the EQ on my Clip+ lately....because with the Portapros, it sounds just right without it, and that's usually the only 'phone I use with them now. The Grados and Pioneers are not suited for portable use.

The DarkSide 02-09-2011 12:51 PM

The 250gb model,... I'll see if I have the "buggy HDD" issues some have had - and if I do it has a warranty.

Marvin the Martian 02-09-2011 12:52 PM

Group shots above!

The DarkSide 02-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 536330)
Group shots above!

Nice collection - I'll post a family portrait when the Archos 70 arrives.:cool:

McDougal 02-09-2011 04:31 PM

Damn that's a nice collection you got there Marvin! So it sounds like the i9 has a better EQ than RB? Now you're making me want an i9 lol :D.....