abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip Rockbox (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Rockbox: Clip v1 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36978)

WalkGood 05-24-2009 03:16 PM

Have you tried re-installing the OF?

Alohamora 05-24-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boreas (Post 359093)
i did what you told.now only the blue wheel is lit and the screen is dead....

is it because of msc??i was using msc for the sansasticplaylist program.but i deleted the program and m3u files beforehand.

Will it show up as a drive when you connect it to the PC? If so, try to reformat it. If not, try holding the power switch up for 15 or 20 seconds to see if it will reset.

boreas 05-24-2009 03:19 PM

it gets back to the of with the home and slider though.if it s bricked i wont be sleeping tonite:(

no9 05-24-2009 03:20 PM

boreas as long as you are sure you have a V1, I would just refirmware with 1.01.32 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=22669

WalkGood 05-24-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boreas (Post 359102)
it gets back to the of with the home and slider though.if it s bricked i wont be sleeping tonite:(

Well, if you can get it back to the OF, connect it and look for the files that you added, remove them and disco/reboot. You might have to refirmware, but sounds like your ok.

boreas 05-24-2009 03:25 PM

when ever i plug it in i see the drive and as i said home&slider brings the of but then when i reboot just the bluewheel is lit.a couple of times i guess the screen showed somethnig like the rockbox logo or partialy i mean it was to quick as if it cant load.then when i press the wheel lights up and that all.slider works to turn it off.yes i have a v1.thank u guys for your instant replies.

no9 05-24-2009 03:28 PM

If you can boot up to the original FW then you don't have a bricked player. Perhaps you need to wait for a finished version before attempting this because at this rate you will brick it soon. The RockBox port for the v1 clip is not officially ready, take notice that you are taking your players life into your own hands.

boreas 05-24-2009 03:37 PM

yeah i am aware of that but i couldnt resist:o.and no more trying till the official one comes up.but really wonder what went wrong.it is ok now after reinstalling the OF.but my clip doesnt have a radio but this firmware has fm on the menu.can i find it on the sansa site for the no radio version?

EDIT:oh i ve just read a post from dfkt about naming the bin a300e.bin which gets rid of the fm.

thank u so much guys

EDIT:when i plugged it in to make it no radio i saw the .rockbox file in the root directory again.it should have been gone right??

WalkGood 05-24-2009 03:41 PM

According to a very good friend *cough* advcomp2019, the eu fw v1 has without radio, I didn't know. But if you use the eu fw, you will have the volume limited too.

BXCracer 05-24-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boreas (Post 359121)
yeah i am aware of that but i couldnt resist:o.and no more trying till the official one comes up.but really wonder what went wrong.it is ok now after reinstalling the OF.but my clip doesnt have a radio but this firmware has fm on the menu.can i find it on the sansa site for the no radio version?

I don't think that there is no FM version of the clip. Is it ? Well about the rockbox troubles you had. You sure you have V1 clip ? Maybe you place .rockbox directory in the wrong place? Did it show something like firmware file not found ?

Now that I think about it. If it's really a clip without FM, maybe it has some different hardware that is incompatible with the Rockbox

pros1n 05-24-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood (Post 359044)
pros1n try holding down the home button while booting, that will boot to OF.

Thanks :D I got it, but it's frozen on the sansa sign for a bit and than everything is fine :)

For people interested in rockbox: I would recommend you guys not to risk it at all, unless you know what your doing. Wait till the official release. It shouldn't be too long till there's a stable version of rockbox.

boreas 05-24-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BXCracer (Post 359128)
I don't think that there is no FM version of the clip. Is it ? Well about the rockbox troubles you had. You sure you have V1 clip ? Maybe you place .rockbox directory in the wrong place? Did it show something like firmware file not found ?

Now that I think about it. If it's really a clip without FM, maybe it has some different hardware that is incompatible with the Rockbox

yes it is V1.i placed the .rockbox in the root.and nothing came up saying file not found.and yes it doesnt have a radio.clips here are sold both with radio and without radio.i didnt know about the volume thingy though but i ll try it someother time.by the way European version wont say goodbye when it is turned off:p
as of now i let my little fella rest a while cause he had a rough day:D

kredig 05-24-2009 05:25 PM

i have the same problem. i tried to upgrade it as it is described... but when i turn on the clip it says "loading firmware" and beneath "file not found"

saratoga 05-24-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boreas (Post 359182)
yes it is V1.i placed the .rockbox in the root.and nothing came up saying file not found.

That message means you didn't extract the .rockbox folder into the root correctly.

Anyway, if you're having that much trouble unzipping stuff, maybe you should just wait for the automatic installer to be updated.

Edit: Unless you meant to say that you didn't get that message, then I don't know. I can't really understand what you're saying.

WalkGood 05-24-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pros1n (Post 359162)
Thanks :D I got it, but it's frozen on the sansa sign for a bit and than everything is fine :)

For people interested in rockbox: I would recommend you guys not to risk it at all, unless you know what your doing. Wait till the official release. It shouldn't be too long till there's a stable version of rockbox.

Not sure about the quality of your build, I can say these things:
  • No issue booting either way, OF or rockbox smoothly
  • No more glitches with last 3 builds, can play music for hours
  • No issue with freezing unless Iím fiddling way too much, but I can still play games & listen to tunes without freezing
  • EQ and other features work fine
  • Iíve been a happy camper for a while now :)
I agree iwth you that most shouldn't try unless they're willing to brick their player, it's still possible untill they finish and officially release it.

uggz24 05-24-2009 05:36 PM

I installed it but when I try to turn on the clip it says firmware not found, then it will just turn off, please help me.
thank you in advance guys

kredig 05-24-2009 05:40 PM

i put it in the root directionary correctly and i unzipped it but it is still saying "file not found".
maybe i'll have to be patient then -.-*

uggz24 05-24-2009 05:46 PM

anymore ppl having this problem?

saratoga 05-24-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uggz24 (Post 359190)
I installed it but when I try to turn on the clip it says firmware not found, then it will just turn off, please help me.
thank you in advance guys

That message means you didn't extract the .rockbox folder into the root correctly. What files and folders are on the root of your sansa?

uggz24 05-24-2009 06:04 PM

I have 7 folders in the root audiobooks, music, playlist, podcast, record, service and .rockbox